PDA

View Full Version : What Religion/Faith/Belief Do You Most Relate To

Jah
12-03-2010, 09:17 PM
The title of the thread says it all

which do you relate to if any? Or if you'd like to share what you believe in go ahead..........

My parents are born again christians and I was brought up with their values. I believe everything I was taught but I do not read the Bible regularly atm and I would not be in a position to call myself one

Ken Judy
12-03-2010, 09:55 PM
Too many loopholes in religion. Religion = smart people tricking dumb people to give them money.

Escobar
12-03-2010, 10:23 PM
i'm sorta christian. I can't stand catholicism though, gives the rest of us a bad name.

Djhaynes
12-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Ken Judy is right, all religion does is hold you back, it is man made to control people. I can't believe in 2010 people still believe in it.
My view is people want to believe that we have a after life, so they feed into what their brainwashed. The truth is we die and that's it, no one can prove otherwise.

Who's Bad
12-04-2010, 01:11 AM
I'm spiritual, not religious because I believe that being religious only makes you think you're doing right.
Following traditions and stuff isn't going to get you into Heaven, if you don't love God from your soul.

That's what's most important.
The relationship you build with God.
Not if you're always on time to church or whatever.

I don't go to church all the time nor do I read the Bible everyday {eventhough I should} but I knows God loves me and I love Him.
I've seen too much to not know that and accept Him.

With that being said, I am a Christian.
Not in the religious sense of the word but as the title.
Which means "follower of Christ" and I think its pretty cool that my name is a variant of that. <3

Felix
12-04-2010, 01:13 AM
always those deaf dumb and blind with their little bullsh*t theories, that there is nothing after this and blah blah blah.. man.. read the Quran and you'll recognize yourself in it. history repeats itself cuz mankind repeats theirselves. i embrace islaam, that's the Truth.. no controling or brainwashing.. those are comments from deaf dumb and blind.. im tired of all this kind of people.. they don't look into it, they judge all religion with some dumb reason, and that's it.. im sooo glad that Allah helps me and made me muslim, everday i pray.. i pray 5 times a day, and it feels sooo good. i couldn't imagine life without Allah, the Islam, and my prayers.. I got unconditional love for God Allmighty.. the Afterlife is more important than this one, the Afterlife is eternal, people like ken judy en djhaynes should read more and find more knowledge.. maybe even read the Quran.. but remember, Allah guides who He wants, and let those Astray of whom He wants. so just go and find out if God will guide you or not,.,

(forgive me if my english isn't correct)

peaceout!! assalaama

Who's Bad
12-04-2010, 01:54 AM
^ I believe that God loves us all and wants everyone to come to Him and not perish but having everlasting life. {Like the Bible says}
He won't lead you astray.

That's not loving at all.

We have free will and you can choose to turn away but even still He loves you and awaits your return.
Like the story of the prodigal son.

Felix
12-04-2010, 02:03 AM
not everyone deserves heaven...

Who's Bad
12-04-2010, 02:29 AM
^ None of us do, really.
We were all born into sin {the whole Adam and Eve thing}.

Therefore, we're not perfect.
We sin all the time {thought, word and deed} but its the Grace through faith in Christ that spares all who come to accept Him.
& He's open to everybody cause He died for everybody.
Whether they refuse to acknowledge or accept that is up to them.

Felix
12-04-2010, 04:30 AM
we (muslims) don't believe that jesus was crucified, it was another person who looked like him. Allah took jesus to heaven and than gave another man his appearence, this other man volunteerd for this, jesus asked who will be in his place and get crucified, and this man volunteerd. jesus said you will be my righthand in paradise.
repentance and asking for forgivness is the key. everyone gets a chance. some mess it up, eventhough they were getting warned, that if they keep living like this, hell is waiting. and again and again and again, but they won't give their lives to God and walk the right path, for those there awaits a punishment..

Krizzle
12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Im more spiritual and astrological than religious..

but my father is hindu and my mother was muslim.. when they first met they had to do that secret shit cus my father is black and mother is white, so mothers side didnt like the fact he was black and also a diff religion to islam so she eloped and converted.. im gonna be honest here, but the only reason i say im a hindu is because if i didnt my family wouldnt like it

but deep down I think there is a god, the all mighty one in the next world, when our souls evolve.. i agree with ken and haynes that religion is just a form of mass control (imo) and unfortunately it will bring this earth down. i was researchin a while back and all these gods and goddess's were just normal people.. believed to have spiritual gifts.. we are all gods people, we all have the right to feel emotion, sadness, happiness and the right to love one another.. thats godly in itself

Krizzle
12-04-2010, 07:42 AM
Im more spiritual and astrological than religious..

but my father is hindu and my mother was muslim.. when they first met they had to do that secret shit cus my father is black and mother is white, so mothers side didnt like the fact he was black and also a diff religion to islam so she eloped and converted.. im gonna be honest here, but the only reason i say im a hindu is because if i didnt my family wouldnt like it

but deep down I think there is a god, the all mighty one in the next world, when our souls evolve.. i agree with ken and haynes that religion is just a form of mass control (imo) and unfortunately it will bring this earth down. i was researchin a while back and all these gods and goddess's were just normal people.. believed to have spiritual gifts.. we are all gods people, we all have the right to feel emotion, sadness, happiness and the right to love one another.. thats godly in itself

Chaker
12-04-2010, 08:05 AM
Im Greek Orthodox, i know There is a God. I know he helps me in decisions and such, and i believe things happen for a reason and we get problems for a reason

I believe in Stories from the bible and such

Felix
12-04-2010, 08:07 AM
i agree with ken and haynes that religion is just a form of mass control (imo)

when people say this, they mostly mean the bible and the christian religion.. right???

Krizzle
12-04-2010, 08:18 AM
when people say this, they mostly mean the bible and the christian religion.. right???

naw im talking about all religions

Anon
12-04-2010, 08:41 AM
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3088/religionislikeapenis.jpg

Felix
12-04-2010, 10:16 AM
i started praying cuz pac said "get on your knees nigga!! get on your knees and pray!!!" so i did, and i still do (on a further level tho')..

Ghostface
12-04-2010, 10:39 AM
i started praying cuz pac said "get on your knees nigga!! get on your knees and pray!!!" so i did, and i still do (on a further level tho')..

Are you serious?

Felix
12-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Are you serious?

yeah man, its true!! :up::D;)

Ken Judy
12-04-2010, 12:33 PM
To the religious people:

Why christianity and islam? Those are two of the youngest religions. Why not worship the sun god like the Egyptians did or even Shangdi or Anu? All of these gods existed 1000s of years before christianity and islam.

This other question has boggled my mind for a while now. What if someone is born with severe disabilities and lacks the ability to comprehend, how do they accept god? Also, what about all the people that died before these religions came about, do they simply burn in hell?

Kurupt
12-04-2010, 12:47 PM
To the religious people:

Why christianity and islam? Those are two of the youngest religions. Why not worship the sun god like the Egyptians did or even Shangdi or Anu? All of these gods existed 1000s of years before christianity and islam.

This other question has boggled my mind for a while now. What if someone is born with severe disabilities and lacks the ability to comprehend, how do they accept god? Also, what about all the people that died before these religions came about, do they simply burn in hell?

well if u believe in the bible and god then u know that man has known bout god ever since man was created. in the bible those that worshipped other gods were punished. in the story of moses after moses led his people out they started worshipping a cow or some shit like that and god was furious. i also remember a story where man tried to kill god and god created different languages so they couldnt communicate with each other. i know these sound dumb but for a bible believer this is what they believe in. i personally am in the middle. i do believe in a god but sometimes i question it. i dont read the bible and i dont go to church but i would say im spiritual cuz i do try and connect with god and ask him for blessings and know that whatever hapens to me or people i love its just the way things are supposed to be and theres nothing i can do bout it. i think god is a way for people to feel better. whether hes fake or not people do feel alot better when they pray and let out everything thats on their chest. and I dont see anything wrong with that. and for people to try and take that away from others is just sad in my opinion. let those people be and they should let u be

Sahar
12-04-2010, 05:02 PM
I was baptised as roman catholic at age of 7, only cause my grandmother decided to do so during one summer vacation I was spending at hers. Besides rare reading of bible or a few minutes I spend at church when I need silence, I do not really practise the religion that was chosen to me.

Nevertheless I consider myself as a spiritual person. I agree with some peeps on this thread, that religion as a system has its disadvantages, but to my mind it also brings inner strength and hope to many people...and I believe, that the power of positive mind is capable of many great things. Or I can name it as 'karma' – the rule of cause and effect. Clearly I am not the follower or christian doctrine of 'faith', that suggests us that all human dramas are the will of god...not all imo. I often remember this short story: every day a man comes to the statue of some saint begging 'dear saint, please please please let me win a lottery'. Finally the statue of the saint comes to live, looks down at this begging man and says 'my son, please please please buy a ticket!' lol

I feel strong connection with the earth and what's above my head...and the power it spreads. I do ask god for blessings and then I thank him for it all...
As Kurupt said – let those people be and they should let u be.

Smokey
12-22-2010, 04:15 PM
my parents are both christians i was baptised and im a christian but i also feel drawn to hindu culture (sadhana)

JUGGANAUT
03-06-2011, 06:16 AM
None. I don't give a shit about religion.

Jah
03-06-2011, 06:26 AM
^ then why post in this thread smh

makavelli19
03-06-2011, 07:02 AM
im a muslim :)

Delicious girl
03-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I don't have none

Makavelikaan
03-07-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm an atheist

Krizzle
03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
ohhhhhhhh kace i saw your religionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :D

rac814
05-19-2011, 10:46 AM
I am an ethnic Khmer. Raised as a Theravada Buddhist but we combine Hindu/Animist beliefs. In the West we call it syncretism which is the combing of various teaching of beliefs system. In Cambodia and most of SE Asia it is a norm to practice 2 religions. Buddhism and Hinduism flourish side by side for centuries.

Krizzle
05-19-2011, 02:19 PM
I am an ethnic Khmer. Raised as a Theravada Buddhist but we combine Hindu/Animist beliefs. In the West we call it syncretism which is the combing of various teaching of beliefs system. In Cambodia and most of SE Asia it is a norm to practice 2 religions. Buddhism and Hinduism flourish side by side for centuries.

that actually sounds realli intersting