Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Official Detox Thread

Will sticky this, so in here updates about detox will take place..

http://twitter.com/RealSway/status/16106151112
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

I can't keep worrying bout the things in my life I can change
    Dear Lord give me the strength to fight the evil in this game
    Ooh I close my eyes and get down on my knees
    Pray to the heavens protect my family
    If I leave that's good enough for me

-Big K.R.I.T- Good Enough

Born 2 Revolutionise Executive Director Krizzle's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dr. Dre and jay-z – finally?

yes! We all know this hip-hop collaboration is one that will never materialize the way we want it to, but it has happened. How? Well, its not the song “pressure” that jimmy iovine balked about a year or so ago (wait, that was just a month or so ago). This jay/dre collaboration is actually commercial for beats by dre and jay-z has a verse on it. On top of that, friday my sources tell me they filmed a video for the song, which will push and publicize the thingy that they are selling. I guess, headphones are more promising than detox. Look for a diddy version/video/song too.
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say nothing and I wait till I see the CD in stores ..

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt there's anything called Detox existing in this planet
    -Lil Wayne & Drake Coming to my Country 2011-Dec-07
    -2010 Soccer World Cup came to my Country

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at this point its almost a no win situation..the anticipation fire storm has burnt out...nothing but embers left...lol

barring a all time classic game changer like chronic was (doubt he has that ability again)... disappointed looms...

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://twitpic.com/1x3xby

Track 1..

DJ Mike who usually does the exclusives from past experience is meant to be leaking the Dre and Jay track in its "unfinished" quality.

Gold Member
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope detox is as good as 2001 was. He needs to put eminem on the singles and chorus again.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DR DRE ADDRESSES THE LEAK..

Dr.Dre Addresses Under Pressure Leak

I want to set the record straight for everybody who’s been waiting to hear my music.The song that’s on the internet is an incomplete song that I’m still working on. When it’s ready, you’ll be hearing it from me

Source

http://hiphop-n-more.com/2010/06/dr-...pressure-leak/

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Judy View Post
    I hope detox is as good as 2001 was. He needs to put eminem on the singles and chorus again.
    That will never happen...dre fell off.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Dre Says ‘Detox’ Coming By End Of Fall

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvuOD2AQX5M&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

In this brand new interview with hardknock.tv, Dre says we’ll get to hear Detox by end of this Fall. He again stresses on the fact that ‘Under Pressure’ leak is unfinished.

2 Corinthians 5:7
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes hitting the studio straight after the event?! i can't believe hes still working on this record, that shit won't be released this year
    Jahrama - Ill$tyle Ikonz

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

Forget about what happened long ago! Don't think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?"

The Bible

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Dre Asks "Detox" Fans For Patience, "I'm Trying To Give Everyone What They've Been Waiting For"

Rap mogul Dr. Dre has updated fans on the status of his forthcoming Detox album and said he is looking towards a late fall release date.

In addition to Detox, the Doc discussed his recently leaked "Under Pressure" record.

"Absolutely, I'm leaving this event and heading right to the studio," Dre said from the 23rd ASCAP Awards when asked about a Detox release. "I'm getting it cracking and trying to put it out by the end of the fall. I'm trying to give everyone what they've been waiting for and make sure they're not disappointed. This it, that's all I'm doing. [The leaked 'Under Pressure' was] absolutely not [real.] I didn't get a chance to finish the record, the vocals are real rough, it's not blended right and there's not even a hook on the song. It's not done, the music's not done, it's just one of those things we have to deal with today in this business because of technology and all of that. It's real easy for somebody to steal your sh*t so what can you do?" (Hard Knock TV)

Earlier this month, Dre released a statement regarding his leak.

An unfinished version of "Under Pressure," Dre's collaboration with Jay-Z, made its way online Tuesday, June 16. Dre released a short statement on his official website in response to the song's early appearance. "I want to set the record straight for everybody who's been waiting to hear my music," wrote the super-producer. "The song that's on the Internet is an incomplete song that I'm still working on. When it's ready, you'll be hearing it from me." (Rap-Up)

The record leaked online Tuesday (June 16) afternoon.

The leak, whose rough-take vibe I cannot stress enough, is not an immediate stunner. Dr. Dre takes the first verse, spitting some decently clever bars (presumably penned with help from Jay) over clubby bleeps and bloops. "Maybe I don't want to stop, maybe I don't want to quit," he muses. "Maybe I'm crazy/Maybe I'm strapped right now, just bait me." Dre raises his voice for some rousing words in Creole. Then, after a blank space where a hook might fit, it's time for Jay-Z's superior verse. Hov gets some snappy lines in, as when he informs us that life's stresses have him "bringing guns to work, Gilbert Arenas." And: "I'm in this party, I'm up to no good/And I should be ducking these clubs,Tiger Woods." Given the timing of the two sports scandals he references, I wonder if Jay-Z recorded his verse any later than January. Anyway, that's it. Two verses, no hooks, and this version of "Under Pressure," at least, is out. (Entertainment Weekly)

The song is produced by hitmaker Scott Storch.

Famed Grammy Award-winning producer Scott Storch has come together with legendary Grammy Award winning super-producer Dr. Dre to produce the long awaited first single, "Under Pressure" off the highly anticipated album, "Detox." This project has been in the works for some time, which has created a wave of hope and anticipation. (Market Wire)

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Dre Introduces His Wife, Nicole. Blames Delay Of Detox On His Work On Eminem's & 50 Cent's Projects. But No More "Anticipointment". The Album Is Coming This Year

Hip Hop fans are like kids at Chuck-E-Cheese. Damn the line, they want their music right now or else.

Fortunately though, for fans who have the patience Dr Dre drops off and album about once every decade that is the blueprint for the rest of the recording industry for ten strong years.

We waited seven years from 'The Chronic' to 'The Chronic 2001'. So here we are almost eleven years later still banging "F*ck You" and "Forgot About Dre", but ready for the new album, like yesterday.

Dre was interviewed at th 23rd Annual Ascap Awards and after introducing his wife Nicole got right down to business on just where the hell is the new album?

"Well you know what, it hasn't been a consistent thing for me. I've been working on it, I'll stop, do a couple of other albums," he explains. "For example, I was working on the record and I had to stop and work with Eminem for five or six months. And in between there's been Game and 50 and some of the artlist like that I had to sop and work on. So it's been taking a long time, but it hasn't been continuous work on that project."

The schedules been clear, the stars appear to be aligned right so the question is Dre how soon is 'Detox' dropping?

"I'm in it right now, I feel it right now you know what I'm sayin? Before this year I felt like I was doing it more out of obligation," he says honestly. "But right now, as of the end of last year, I really feel it. It's coming out of me, it's coming out of my heart. And it will definately be out this year."

That's the official word from the man himself, 'Detox' this year. And if that isn't enough, Dre says you better be out on the look for the latest artist under the G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath branch, Slim Da Mobster.

:"Slim Da Mobster is seriously hot, he's the new guy that's coming. South Central L.A., that's what it is."

2 Corinthians 5:7
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Anticipointment" < i like that.
    I'm not getting my hopes up on htis even though I really want to. I still play a couple of songs off 2001 regularly
    Jahrama - Ill$tyle Ikonz

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

Forget about what happened long ago! Don't think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?"

The Bible

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dr. Dre VIBE interview (excerpts)

ON THE DETOX HOLD-UP:
    When you first announced Detox did you think it would take this long?
    Absolutely not. I thought it would take at worst case a couple of years. For example, actual work time on The Chronic was nine months and actual work time on my last album, 2001, was about 10 months. The actual work time on this album is about half of that, where I’m seriously focusing on it. There is always something coming up. Like signing talent, old and new.

ON DEALING WITH MUSIC LEAKS:
    So “Under Pressure” leaking was killer.
    It was a little bit more frustrating because at least “Crack a Bottle” had a hook on it. I wouldn’t be as mad at a leak if the song was done.

Can you blame the fans for wanting to hear something after all this time?

Absolutely not. I’m not mad at the fans. I’m mad at the person that leaked the shit. I have no idea how it got out. It’s not even worth looking to see who did it. It happens. The most painful part about it is that I’m passionate about what I do so people should hear it in the right form.

There were some other reference tracks that leaked with T.I. and Ludacris lyrics. Were those legit?
    Two of them were. Somebody actually hacked into our emails, so that made our red flags go up. We’re in a new age and that’s a sign: Wake up mother****er. You have to be more careful with your shit. That’s all there is to it. I know what’s up now.

ON A COMING INSTRUMENTAL ALBUM:
    You mentioned a hip-hop album without rapping. Will we ever hear a Dr. Dre instrumental album?
    Oh yeah, that’s in the works. An instrumental album is something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time. I have the ideas for it. I want to call it The Planets. I don’t even know if I should be saying this, but **** it. [Laughs.] It’s just my interpretation of what each planet sounds like. I’m gonna go off on that. Just all instrumental. I’ve been studying the planets and learning the personalities of each planet. I’ve been doing this for about two years now just in my spare time so to speak. I wanna do it in surround sound. It’ll have to be in surround sound for Saturn to work.

Pick up VIBE’s August/September JUICE issue on August 16 for the full interview.
    [/quote]