Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singer Lloyd Meets Dr Dre, Speaks On Hearing 'Detox' Album "It's Classic, It's Epic, It Felt Like Magic"

Lloyd recently met with Dr Dre and got the chance to hear the long awaited 'Detox' album and came away impressed.

"It sounds like.....it's history, it's classic, it's epic. It's like L.A. stand up...it's like West Coast. This guy, he's a legend, he's not the youngest guy in the game. So for him to still have the youth by the balls and be able to come out with stuff that's constantly changing. I think it's incredible and it felt like magic."

Lloyd also spoke on Dre's work ethic and what the West Coast legend thought of his new record with Polow Da Don.

"Actually he walked in when me and Polow had just finished the single, Lay It Down. And he heard the ad libbing at the end. And he was like 'damn'. That reaction alone for me, was like validation, so shout out to Dre."

When asked if he would be appearing on 'Detox', Lloyd said "have faith man."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMbjg0tbO-0[/ame]
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

I can't keep worrying bout the things in my life I can change
    Dear Lord give me the strength to fight the evil in this game
    Ooh I close my eyes and get down on my knees
    Pray to the heavens protect my family
    If I leave that's good enough for me

-Big K.R.I.T- Good Enough

Born 2 Revolutionise Executive Director Krizzle's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Dre Explains Why He's Not Proud Of 'Crack A Bottle' Grammy And If Touching Tribute To Late Son Will Appear On 'Detox

Superproducer DR. DRE refuses to show off the Grammy Award he won for his EMINEM collaboration CRACK A BOTTLE - because they were only forced to release the song after it leaked online.

The rap legend produced and featured on the track alongside Eminem and 50 Cent, with a view to including it on the Stan hitmaker's 2009 album Relapse.

An unfinished version of the tune made its way online in December 2008 and record label executives at Interscope decided to rush it out as a single in February 2009.

Crack A Bottle landed the hip-hop heavyweights the 2010 Grammy for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group - but Dre has no desire to put the prestigious trophy on display at his Los Angeles home because the finished track has no "heart".

He tells Vibe magazine, "It's like a stab in the stomach. First of all we weren't even going to release the song. We won a Grammy for it, but I'm not even considering putting the Grammy up. My wife has a problem with that because she wants all of my achievements to be up in the house. But the way it came, it doesn't mean the same to me.

"We didn't get a chance to do the song with our heart in it because we had to go in and rush it out. We went in one day and finished it at least so people could hear a proper version but we didn't get to put our heart and soul in it..."

Besides that, Dre also touched on speculation that he recorded a tribute to his son who tragically passed away back in 2008

--

While he does admit that he has recorded material in honor of his son, he doesnt know if it will be suitable for 'Detox' as the album is set to have an upbeat feel.

''Im actually back and forth about that. Im leaning towards no because i dont know if i want to put myself or my family through that. I kind of want the record to stay fun. Right now as we speak,i'm leaning towards no. Though i do have a couple of things that i've done for him''WENN
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dre doesn't wanna work with Cube or Snoop

http://www.ballerstatus.com/2010/09/...nship-distant/

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the album will never see the light ..he is too afriad to release it cause every1 is going to say that he fell off

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Dre's "Detox" Has Records "That Will Shut People Down"

Producer Nottz has revealed his involvement on the upcoming Dr. Dre album, Detox, and promised the long-awaited music would live up to its hype.

According to Nottz, he is involved with a few Detox records as of now.

"We [got] the intro on Detox and a couple of other joints on there," Nottz revealed in an interview. " I really do think it is gonna come out this time. 'm waiting for the joint to drop. Like come on man. You have been recording for years, let's do this. He got records, he got records that will shut people down. Make you don't even want to do records no more. Like, aw man, I'm doing this for no reason. It's dudes like this that makes me want to just quit. But he got some records man, it's crazy." (Hip Hop Wired)
    Last month, Dre said his project could possibly drop around the winter holiday.

When asked at Wednesday's Beats by Dr. Dre fall presentation when the follow-up to The Chronic 2001 would arrive, the Doc said, "That's a good question. In a perfect world, you know I'm really trying to make Christmas, but we'll see," adding, "Something will definitely be out." The hip-hop pioneer has been recording non-stop. "I'm actually working on it every day." He is making sure to take his time so he doesn't disappoint fans. "I just have to make sure I don't accomplish this word: anticippointment." Interscope chairman Jimmy Iovine seemed less confident of the drop date, joking that Christmas may have to move for Dre. "I feel that if it comes down to it, Dre will move Christmas. We support him 1000 percent." (Rap-Up)
    Dre previously said he was going to scrap leaked Detox records.

"It's no leaks that came out that are going on the record," Dre promised in an interview last week. "I got hard new sh*t. I had a little bit of a leak in my security and what have you but I got new sh*t coming and trust me, it will not be anticippointment, you know what I mean? Y'all n*ggas gonna love this sh*t. Yeah!" (AMW DJ IRoc)
    In September, Dre spoke on the long-awaited LP and its delay.

"Me and [Interscope Records CEO] Jimmy [Iovine] talk about this all the time. It was supposed to be my album promoting the headphones, but it's gonna be the other way around now. It's gonna be a two-for-one thing. As soon as we finish this interview I'm going into the studio and get it on. I know it's taking a long time but it's not 100 percent work on my album that I'm doing every day. That's why it's taking so long. It's been almost ten years since my last album -- but I haven't been sitting on my hands. Keeping it real with you, I just started really getting involved in it and really feeling it this year. Around January or February. Before now I was kind of doing it more out of obligation, but now I really feel it inside and it's pouring out right now. Music comes out much better when you're in that frame of mind." (VIBE)
    Jahrama - Ill$tyle Ikonz

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

Forget about what happened long ago! Don't think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?"

The Word

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder when this album will release lol its been what 10 years since Dre has put anything out, this type of stuff puts a brother down lol
    Letz Be Friendz...

Propz to Bobby180 for the Dope Sig!

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Dre Says Not To Expect More Songs Like"Kush," On "Detox

rue to its title, Dre says Detox won't be filled with smoker anthems, and he only needs about three more songs to complete the album.

Monday’s release of the song “Kush,” brought a bit of a renewed anticipation to Dr. Dre’s Detox album, after a year filled with false starts. The single, which features Snoop Dogg, Akon and an artist Slim Da Mobsta confirmed to DubCNN.com as Chief Thuderbird or Sly, almost met the same fate as “Under Pressure.” During an interview with Big Boy of Power 106, Dre said the song was also an unauthorized leak, but it will be a keeper nonetheless.

“It got leaked, and it was a version of it that I wasn’t really happy about,” Dre explained. “But we’re gonna go ahead and push it and put it out, since everybody seems to like it. It’s about weed smoking, and I didn’t want people to think that’s what my album was about. This is actually the only type of song with that type of content on it.”

In addition to pushing his line of Beats headphones—which Advertising Age just named one of America’s Hottest Brands—Dre said he was looking forward to more collaborations with Snoop as well as meeting and working with fellow Compton native Kendrick Lamar. All of the progress has apparently sped up Dre’s usually methodical recording process.

“I see the finish line right now,” Dre added. “I’m wrapping it up. I need about two or three more songs, and hopefully I’ll start the mixing process at the end of next month. From that point I’m about 30 days out. One of the reasons it was taking so long was because I felt like I was doing it more out of obligation as opposed to actually feeling it.”

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detox Set for February, Kush Video in a Month, Jay/Em/Game/more to Feature

Dr Dre’s new single Kush may have leaked early but he’s reacted fast by making it available on November 21. According to his reps, Detox is coming in February and will feature La Roux?!?!?!
    Dr Dre claims he never intended to release his collaboration with Akon and Snoop Dogg as a single until it leaked and was met with a positive reaction, that doesn’t really fit with the story that he was already filming a video for it four days before it leaked but who are we to complain [the video is set to drop December 6 by the way]? We just want Detox.
    According to a new press release Detox will feature Jay-Z, La Roux, Beyonce, Game, Eminem and more and will be released in February. We’re very interested in hearing La Roux on Dre production.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Behind The Scenes: Dr. Dre “Kush”

What’s up, where the video shoot? Well now that Detox is on the way, The Doc pulls out the big toys during the shoot for the video of his first single. Peepsent were there to capture what went down with Fif, Glasses Malone, Menace, E-40, and Roccett. More footage below.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SudlIyUn2Mw"]YouTube - Peep's Ent Exclusive Dr. Dre Kush behind the scenes with 50cent,E40,Roccett,The Menace,G Malone[/ame]

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Kush" Gives Dr. Dre First Solo Chart Appearance Since 2000

The well-timed leak of his new single yields dividends as "Kush" sells 45,000 copies in two days.

On 2000’s “Forgot About Dre,” Dr. Dre rhymed, “Give me one more platinum plaque / and f*** Rap you can have it back.” And although it’s taken him over a decade, the legendary co-founding member of NWA is getting a headstart on that last plaque with his single “Kush.” The song has debuted at the number 48 spot on Billboard magazine’s Hot 100 chart, which ranks the country’s most popular singles based on sales and radio airplay. While Dre was credited as a producer and co-writer on Eminem’s 2009 single, “Crack A Bottle,” the debut of “Kush” marks the first time a Dr. Dre single billed as a solo effort has appeared on the Billboard charts since “The Next Episode.”

After an unmastered version of the collaboration with Snoop Dogg, Akon and newcomer Sly hit blogs and other music sites, Aftermath quickly posted a mixed and mastered version to Dr. Dre’s official site and made the single available for purchase via iTunes on November 18. Despite being released mid-week, the single sold 45,000 copies.

Various reports have stated a video to “Kush” has already been shot, with veteran music video director Joseph Kahn at the helm. While Detox has been delayed by rumored unofficial leaks, Dre maintains his Hip Hop swan song will finally be released in February of 2011.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alex da Kid confirms that " I Need a Doctor" is a Detox track

The British beatsmith was nominated for five Grammys this week for his work on B.o.B's blockbuster hit "Airplanes" and Eminem's chart-topper "Love the Way You Lie." He also produced Nicki Minaj's "Massive Attack."

While he only has a few placements under his belt, the producer has a knack for knocking what he does do out of the park.

His next big single comes courtesy of his work with Dr. Dre.

The veteran hip-hop producer invited Alex Da Kid to work with him on a track for his forthcoming Detox project, "I Need a Doctor" featuring Eminem.

"That was amazing," ADK told Mixtape Daily about the experience. "He's one of my favorite producers of all time. Everybody knows how much of a perfectionist he is: He's been working on his album for 11 years. For him to bring me in, trust me, not micro-manage me, and let me bring what I do to the table, I can't even describe how that makes me feel."

The song recently arrived online, and on the number, Eminem attempts to turn the tables on his mentor. The MC credited Dre with being one of the people to help him out of his funk the past few years, so on "I Need a Doctor," Em looks to repay the producer.

"It hurts when I see you struggle/ You come to me with ideas/ You say they're pieces, so I'm puzzled," Eminem raps on the track. " 'Cause the sh-- I hear is crazy/ But you're either getting lazy/ Or don't believe in you no more/ Seem like your own opinion is not one you can form/ Can't make a decision/ You keep questioning yourself, second guessing/ It's almost like you're begging for my help/ Like I'm your leader; you're supposed to be my mentor/ I can endure no more/ Don't you remember who you are?"

"I think it's gonna be huge," Alex Da Kid said. "It's just my opinion, but it's one of my favorite songs that I did and just what it means for hip-hop."

--

This is a sick track btw

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr Dre Speaks On The Artists He'll Be Working With In 2011, His Worst Christmas Gift Ever & What He Thinks Of Snoop Dogg's Song "Wet" For The Royal Family's Bachelorette Party

2011 is going to be a big year for West Coast hip hop.

Dre Dre is finally going to drop his long awaited ‘Detox’ album. He also says he’s got an artist or two he’ll be working with.

“Definitely expanding… Slim Da Mobster, Kendrick Lamar from Compton. Just West Coast hip hop artists, that’s what I’m doing,” Dre told HollywoodTV.

With Christmas just days away, Dre was asked what's the worst gift he ever received from Santa.

“I’ve never got a bad Christmas gift, anything I get it’s all good,” Dre said.

Prince William of England recently announced his engagement to Kate Middleton. The Doc’s longtime collaborator Snoop Dogg penned a song titled “Wet”, he says is for the Royal Family’s bachelorette party. Dre thinks it was a cool idea.

“That’s hot, Snoop is a hustler, he’s gonna handle his business and make his money, that’s what it is.”

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPhDWoErKNs&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Dr Dre BOA 121510 YT[/ame]

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Detox has a release date?

Opinions? Check the beats by dre site.. or is it an april fools?

http://beatsbydre.com/

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We will see...Its for sure coming out this year thats all I know and thats good enough for me it better come out in April nothing else is really getting released then so it should be all good.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beyonce and Jay-Z to duet on Dr.Dre's Detox

Beyonce and Jay-Z are reportedly set to duet on Dr. Dre's new album 'Detox'.

According to The Sun, Jay-Z and Dre have already started work on the song their pair will record together, with the long-awaited 'Detox' finally expected to be released in 2011.

The newspaper quotes an anonymous source as saying: "Jay and Dre have recorded their verses with the chorus left open for Beyonce to sing."

If the duet is completed it will be the first time Beyonce and Jay-Z, who are married, would have recorded together since 2007.

http://www.nme.com/news/jay-z/55472