User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Exodus 18:31

  1. #31
    Member bnash232006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41
    Than/ks (Given)
    1
    Than/ks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Exodus Chapter 18 Verse 31 Is Not In The Bible

    Quote Originally Posted by Jah View Post


    Was thinking about this today. The tattoo of the cross on Tupac's back had 'Exodus 18:31' enscribed on the inside of it.
    I have read 2 possible explanations on various Tupac fan site for what this tattoo is a reference to

    Firstly, is it a reference to the bible verse Exodus 18:31



    or secondly, and the one I believe, it is a reference to Nat Turners Slave Revolt in August, 1831 resulting in the death of 56 people

    Which do you think it is? Or is it neither?
    In the bible there is no Exodus Chapter 18 verse 31 because there are only 27 verses in Exodus. So It may be another numerology clue/test for everyone or he may be referring to the extra verses of Exodus that were ommited when the bible was compiled of books they wanted to keep in the bible out of the books they discarded and or burned. Could someone please find out if there are missing verses of Exodus?

  2. #32
    Member bnash232006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41
    Than/ks (Given)
    1
    Than/ks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Exodus 18:31

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecko View Post
    "Now I know that the LORD is greater than all other gods, for he did this to those who had treated Israel arrogantly."

    Deff that 1.
    Nope this is not it because that is from Expdus Chapter 18 verse 18 which would look like "Exodus 18:18". There is no Exodus Chapter 18 verse 31 because there are only 27 verses in Exodus.

  3. #33
    Member bnash232006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41
    Than/ks (Given)
    1
    Than/ks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default 18:31 is year 1831, I get it >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtOfCombat View Post
    You are incorrect , it has nothing to do with Nat Turner's slave rebellion? why would that be so important to pac to tattoo it on cross anyway...




    its clearly from bible, EXODUS, note: EXODUS 1831
    "Now I know That the Lord is Greater Than All Gods."
    Perfectly matches Tupacs character.
    If you remember 2Pac says on his last album "We Got Memeories Fading Fast, A Slave For Cash" referring to slavery which coincides with the 18:31 or rather 1831 year tatoo on his back. I understand it now.

  4. #34
    Member bnash232006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41
    Than/ks (Given)
    1
    Than/ks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah man, I understand it now bro, thank you man.

  5. #35
    Gold Member Johnny Viti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    665
    Than/ks (Given)
    51
    Than/ks (Received)
    117
    Likes (Given)
    44
    Likes (Received)
    290
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's been confirmed just google it. It's the Nat Turner revolt.

  6. #36
    Member bnash232006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41
    Than/ks (Given)
    1
    Than/ks (Received)
    1
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah, this is the first ive ever heard of this, and also dont tell people to google anything, rather explain it to them because people shouldnt rely heavily on google as they do.

  7. #37
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know if I'm mistaken, or perhaps overlooking a response to this thread, but I find it shocking that no one bothered to open their bible and see that there IS NO EXODUS 18:31...The last verse of chapter 18, of the book of Exodus, is verse 27. This debate looks good and settled already but this very important piece of information (arguably the MOST important) would have settled it sooner. Don't know if this is a dead thread, but I hope someone stumbles upon this...

  8. #38
    Not your average YesMan Bushi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    502
    Than/ks (Given)
    6
    Than/ks (Received)
    27
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    40
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    2
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acemaverickc View Post
    I don't know if I'm mistaken, or perhaps overlooking a response to this thread, but I find it shocking that no one bothered to open their bible and see that there IS NO EXODUS 18:31...The last verse of chapter 18, of the book of Exodus, is verse 27. This debate looks good and settled already but this very important piece of information (arguably the MOST important) would have settled it sooner. Don't know if this is a dead thread, but I hope someone stumbles upon this...
    dont worry you're right, tupac's tattoo does refer to the nat turner revolt of 1831, as there is no exodus 18;31 in the christian bible

    although there could be more since the bible version omits that moses stole, i mean left egypt with the ark of the covenant aka the power source and thats why they were chased after the pharaoh agreed to free them, then they took 40 years to travel a distance that takes only one year

    but i digress

  9. #39
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushi View Post
    dont worry you're right, tupac's tattoo does refer to the nat turner revolt of 1831, as there is no exodus 18;31 in the christian bible

    although there could be more since the bible version omits that moses stole, i mean left egypt with the ark of the covenant aka the power source and thats why they were chased after the pharaoh agreed to free them, then they took 40 years to travel a distance that takes only one year

    but i digress
    I'm must digress with you now. The "Christian" bible omitts the stealing of th Ark of The Covenant from Egypt? So your claim then, is that the Ark of The Covenant belonged to Egypt originally. You are also claiming that they not only Omitted something from Exodus, but they ADDED to Exodus the creation of the 10 commandments, the Ark of The Covenant, and the placing of those tablets inside it...

    I'm afraid it really doesn't add up if you look at the entire book and the books that followed it, or better yet, the bible as a whole. You mentioned the Jews taking 40 years to travel a distance that should have taken one. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think you're poking at the intelligence and efficiency of the Jews. This leads me to believe you've been brainwashed and see the Jews as some kind of lesser enemy...Let me explain why they took 40 years to get through the "wilderness".


    The God of all creation, the Almighty God, Jehova, YHWH, whom all things belong to, chose the Jews to make "His people" so that the nations may see His glory through them. He did not choose them because they were more righteous than other people, he chose them because they were ever so slightly LESS wicked. That being said. His people are enslaved in Egypt (As a result of Joseph bring his family in earlier in time, saving the Jews from famine, meaning it was God who put them in slavery ultimately) THERE IS NO ARK OF THE COVENANT CREATED YET. The covenant had not been made nor the tablest to put in it. We all heard how Moses was raised by Pharoh, etc etc, leaves and the returns back on the mission God assigned him (with his brother Aaron doing most of the physical acts that initiate God's signs and wonders). Now Pharoh refuses to free the Jews countless times and the LORD already forewarns Moses because the LORD will harden his heart. Now each of the plagues is an attack on an Egyption "God" or false idol. This is the reason God does not allow Pharoh to be smart enough to release them after the plague of say...livestock...or even fucking deadly Hail. God was making sure to basically TRUMP all their false Gods. After doing so, the Jews are finally let go but then pharoh changes his mind. As for the 40 years, to make a long story short, our God is a jealous God and his people were very thick headed (and we all still are very thick headed) so he kept them in the desert and gave them a 40 year character development course. During that 40 years he kept their sandals from wearing out miraculously, he went before them by day in a cloud and by night in a firey storm, Father them through...and he gave them mana, the food of angels, to show them that man does not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. It is during this 40 years the the covenant of the law is made and confirmed. The tablets are carved twice because Moses toses the first set in complete frustration. And they are givin the istructions on how to build the Ark. They then put the tablets, which are The Law, into the Ark and cover it up. The Law means nothing but death for all of us because not a single one of us can keep the law. That is why when anyone got near the Ark and had somehow managed to have opened it at all they would die. There were special instructions in dealing with the Ark that only preists were allowed to cary out. That is what the Ark of the Covenant is...why would Egypt have the Ark of the Covenant of the law that the God of Israel formed? You talk about the Ark of the Covenant like it was the real source of power. Yes, there are some occasions where the Ark is used to do some supernatural things, but GOD is where our strength comes from.... So...all this being said, the Christian bible would have to do MUCH more than omitt some verses and omitting a few verses here and adding a few there would cause the bible to have inconsistencies, but this is not the case. Every prophecy in the Christian bible has come to fulfillment but a very select few that are in the process of being fulfilled right now in these last days. the silly Jews are waiting for someone to rebuild their temple, which they are getting ready for. Isreal was scattered across the globe and then became a nation again in 1967...watch for the day win the Jews in Judea must flee and the Obomination of Desolition enters in.... You should thank the LORD that we are under the Law of Grace buddy, and starting looking into who Jesus really was...Trust, we would not have had this talk which was the result me being curious about a tattoo of Pac's who's music I was very fond of for a time. Now I know it is poison but you and I have been brought to the same page by divine purpose. I pray the wool that's been pulled over your eyes is removed brother...

  10. #40
    Gold Member Tamz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Pacific
    Posts
    374
    Than/ks (Given)
    91
    Than/ks (Received)
    67
    Likes (Given)
    355
    Likes (Received)
    139
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Nice Bible studies everyone LOL

    Lesson: Don't believe everything you read, look it up yourself !! And not just on Google, Youtube, or Wikipedia..

  11. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    216
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    4
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acemaverickc View Post
    I'm must digress with you now. The "Christian" bible omitts the stealing of th Ark of The Covenant from Egypt? So your claim then, is that the Ark of The Covenant belonged to Egypt originally. You are also claiming that they not only Omitted something from Exodus, but they ADDED to Exodus the creation of the 10 commandments, the Ark of The Covenant, and the placing of those tablets inside it...

    I'm afraid it really doesn't add up if you look at the entire book and the books that followed it, or better yet, the bible as a whole. You mentioned the Jews taking 40 years to travel a distance that should have taken one. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think you're poking at the intelligence and efficiency of the Jews. This leads me to believe you've been brainwashed and see the Jews as some kind of lesser enemy...Let me explain why they took 40 years to get through the "wilderness".


    The God of all creation, the Almighty God, Jehova, YHWH, whom all things belong to, chose the Jews to make "His people" so that the nations may see His glory through them. He did not choose them because they were more righteous than other people, he chose them because they were ever so slightly LESS wicked. That being said. His people are enslaved in Egypt (As a result of Joseph bring his family in earlier in time, saving the Jews from famine, meaning it was God who put them in slavery ultimately) THERE IS NO ARK OF THE COVENANT CREATED YET. The covenant had not been made nor the tablest to put in it. We all heard how Moses was raised by Pharoh, etc etc, leaves and the returns back on the mission God assigned him (with his brother Aaron doing most of the physical acts that initiate God's signs and wonders). Now Pharoh refuses to free the Jews countless times and the LORD already forewarns Moses because the LORD will harden his heart. Now each of the plagues is an attack on an Egyption "God" or false idol. This is the reason God does not allow Pharoh to be smart enough to release them after the plague of say...livestock...or even fucking deadly Hail. God was making sure to basically TRUMP all their false Gods. After doing so, the Jews are finally let go but then pharoh changes his mind. As for the 40 years, to make a long story short, our God is a jealous God and his people were very thick headed (and we all still are very thick headed) so he kept them in the desert and gave them a 40 year character development course. During that 40 years he kept their sandals from wearing out miraculously, he went before them by day in a cloud and by night in a firey storm, Father them through...and he gave them mana, the food of angels, to show them that man does not live on bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God. It is during this 40 years the the covenant of the law is made and confirmed. The tablets are carved twice because Moses toses the first set in complete frustration. And they are givin the istructions on how to build the Ark. They then put the tablets, which are The Law, into the Ark and cover it up. The Law means nothing but death for all of us because not a single one of us can keep the law. That is why when anyone got near the Ark and had somehow managed to have opened it at all they would die. There were special instructions in dealing with the Ark that only preists were allowed to cary out. That is what the Ark of the Covenant is...why would Egypt have the Ark of the Covenant of the law that the God of Israel formed? You talk about the Ark of the Covenant like it was the real source of power. Yes, there are some occasions where the Ark is used to do some supernatural things, but GOD is where our strength comes from.... So...all this being said, the Christian bible would have to do MUCH more than omitt some verses and omitting a few verses here and adding a few there would cause the bible to have inconsistencies, but this is not the case. Every prophecy in the Christian bible has come to fulfillment but a very select few that are in the process of being fulfilled right now in these last days. the silly Jews are waiting for someone to rebuild their temple, which they are getting ready for. Isreal was scattered across the globe and then became a nation again in 1967...watch for the day win the Jews in Judea must flee and the Obomination of Desolition enters in.... You should thank the LORD that we are under the Law of Grace buddy, and starting looking into who Jesus really was...Trust, we would not have had this talk which was the result me being curious about a tattoo of Pac's who's music I was very fond of for a time. Now I know it is poison but you and I have been brought to the same page by divine purpose. I pray the wool that's been pulled over your eyes is removed brother...
    Nice breakdown for the most part and great to see.

    Personally, my love of God led me away from Pac, I was brought to the word, and my love of God brought me back to Pac.

    What do you make of him being THE SACRIFICIAL BLOOD IN THE PLACE OF SIN. . .w/ SIMON carryin the cross?

    Salvation has always been FAITH. and God had that kinda language written into Pac's life.

    As for Jesus? The King of the Jews who came only for the lost sheep of israel?

    Keep readin the word bro.

    Jesus already came back for his ppl.

    And, look at that tattoo real close and u'l see 16:31, as w/ other pics of it.

    And that is where the name manna is given. . .and THAT is the 7 DAY THEORY

  12. #42
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Than/ks (Given)
    0
    Than/ks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Where did you find that Exodus 18:31? I got two bibles and neither of them have that. Last I checked the Torah and the Exodus didn't have it. I believe that the 1831, was a play on what happened in 1831 but also the numbers 1+8+3+1 = 13. 13 plays an important role in in illuminati symbolism. Exodus meaning "a large departure of people." Maybe it ties into the "kiluminati" mind state prior to his demise.

  13. #43
    Gold Member cribby1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    608
    Than/ks (Given)
    180
    Than/ks (Received)
    87
    Likes (Given)
    338
    Likes (Received)
    256
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For those who want to read the confessions of Nat Turner and get an image of one reason why Tupac might have chosen to get that tattoo.

    Follow the link to read the full confession.

    I am posting only the beginning of the confession itself, where Turner speaks about his childhood and how he sees himself.

    http://www.gutenberg.org/files/15333...-h/15333-h.htm


    CONFESSION.

    Agreeable to his own appointment, on the evening he was committed to prison, with permission of the jailer, I visited NAT on Tuesday the 1st November, when, without being questioned at all, he commenced his narrative in the following words:—

    Sir,—You have asked me to give a history of the motives which induced me to undertake the late insurrection, as you call it—To do so I must go back to the days of my infancy, and even before I was born. I was thirty-one years of age the 2d of October last, and born the property of Benj. Turner, of this county.

    In my childhood a circumstance occurred which made an indelible impression on my mind, and laid the ground work of that enthusiasm, which has terminated so fatally to many, both white and black, and for which I am about to atone at the gallows. It is here necessary to relate this circumstance—trifling as it may seem, it was the commencement of that belief which has grown with time, and even now, sir, in this dungeon, helpless and forsaken as I am, I cannot divest myself of.

    Being at play with other children, when three or four years old, I was telling them something, which my mother overhearing, said it had happened before I was born—I stuck to my story, however, and related somethings which went, in her opinion, to confirm it—others being called on were greatly astonished, knowing that these things had happened, and caused them to say in my hearing, I surely would be a prophet, as the Lord had shewn me things that had happened before my birth. And my father and mother strengthened me in this my first impression, saying in my presence, I was intended for some great purpose, which they had always thought from certain marks on my head and breast—[a parcel of excrescences which I believe are not at all uncommon, particularly among negroes, as I have seen several with the same.

    In this case he has either cut them off or they have nearly disappeared]—My grand mother, who was very religious, and to whom I was much attached—my master, who belonged to the church, and other religious persons who visited the house, and whom I often saw at prayers, noticing the singularity of my manners, I suppose, and my uncommon intelligence for a child, remarked I had too much sense to be raised, and if I was, I would never be of any service to any one as a slave—To a mind like mine, restless, inquisitive and observant of every thing that was passing, it is easy to suppose that religion was the subject to which it would be directed, and although this subject principally occupied my thoughts—there was nothing that I saw or heard of to which my attention was not directed—The manner in which I learned to read and write, not only had great influence on my own mind, as I acquired it with the most perfect ease, so much so, that I have no recollection whatever of learning the alphabet—but to the astonishment of the family, one day, when a book was shewn me to keep me from crying, I began spelling the names of different objects—this was a source of wonder to all in the neighborhood, particularly the blacks—and this learning was constantly improved at all opportunities—when I got large enough to go to work, while employed, I was reflecting on many things that would present themselves to my imagination, and whenever an opportunity occurred of looking at a book, when the school children were getting their lessons, I would find many things that the fertility of my own imagination had depicted to me before; all my time, not devoted to my master's service, was spent either in prayer, or in making experiments in casting different things in moulds made of earth, in attempting to make paper, gunpowder, and many other experiments, that although I could not perfect, yet convinced me of its practicability if I had the means.[Footnote: When questioned as to the manner of manufacturing those different articles, he was found well informed on the subject.]

    I was not addicted to stealing in my youth, nor have ever been—Yet such was the confidence of the negroes in the neighborhood, even at this early period of my life, in my superior judgment, that they would often carry me with them when they were going on any roguery, to plan for them. Growing up among them, with this confidence in my superior judgment, and when this, in their opinions, was perfected by Divine inspiration, from the circumstances already alluded to in my infancy, and which belief was ever afterwards zealously inculcated by the austerity of my life and manners, which became the subject of remark by white and black.—Having soon discovered to be great, I must appear so, and therefore studiously avoided mixing in society, and wrapped myself in mystery, devoting my time to fasting and prayer—By this time, having arrived to man's estate, and hearing the scriptures commented on at meetings, I was struck with that particular passage which says: "Seek ye the kingdom of Heaven and all things shall be added unto you."

    I reflected much on this passage, and prayed daily for light on this subject—As I was praying one day at my plough, the spirit spoke to me, saying, "Seek ye the kingdom of Heaven and all things shall be added unto you." .....
    Writing a verse every day, keeps the psychologist away.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •