Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Lesane Parish Crooks

Peace Mak Board,

I have wanted to post about this name for awhile, hoping maybe some of you out there might have more insight into the origin of this name, or have have come across more detailed info about it than I have. This post is not intended to promote any kinda alive theory, I'm simply trying to make sense of exactly where this name may have come from.

We all know that this is allegedly Tupac's given birth name and it was later changed to Tupac Amaru Shakur (and the listed name on the coroners report). While I have never personally heard a single thing from Afeni or any direct sources about this name, the story goes something like Afeni named this as a means of hiding his real identity from her "enemies" which I assume would mean federal and law enforcement authorities during those days when she was a panther.

But even if this is the case it does not quite make sense to me when considering she was on trial while she was pregnant, the authorities obviously aware she was expecting a child. At least on the surface, it does not seem all that probable that she could turn around and secretly have a child and then hide his identity in such a way. Feds can follow a paper trail if they choose to, and it wouldnt really matter much what she named him as long as they knew it is the child of Afeni Shakur, which they could probably easily determine if they wanted to. Especially considering the Cointelpro surveillance on her at the time.

Furthermore, a name change to "Tupac Shakur" would have had to have been a legal name change considering he was later able to obtain drivers licenses, appear in court on criminal charges, etc..all under the name "Tupac Shakur". So why in court cases and/or documents have we never seen the name Lesane Parish Crooks aka Tupac Shakur or something to that effect..law enforcement always lists all known alias' and identities. Maybe I have missed something, but I have never seen the name Lesane Parish Crooks anywhere except on the coronoers report.

Anyway... Afeni's name is "Alice Faye Williams" and Pac's father "Billy Garland". To the best of my knowledge, none of the men that were part of Afeni and Pac's life in those early days was named "Crooks", nor those that came after later like Mutulu (Jeral Wayne Williams). So I have often wondered where the hell this name came from?

Is it possible that the coroners report and various internet sources are incorrect or made a mistake, and the actual name is "Parish Crooks Lesane"? This makes a bit more sense when considering the names of certain Pac family members...For example, Kastro's sister is Jamalah Lesane, she is the woman reciting the prayer at the end of "Blasphemy". And there are others connected to Kastro (Pac's cousin) with the name "Lesane".

But if it was not a mistake, then it almost makes even less sense that "Lesane" would be his first name but the last name of other family members. Just food for thought, as I said above its possible some of you have seen official info about this subject that I havent.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just adding an example...generally speaking, when Assata is referred to in the press and/or by law enforcement authorities it's always Joanne Chesimard aka Assata Shakur

Beast From The MiddleEast Cypher's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've wondered where it came from originally and if it was changed then it would have been officially changed. Also, wouldn't his social security number be under his original name when he was born?
    What can I say that hasn't already been said. It was either become a political prisoner or live in exile.
    I chose exile and now my family and I are doing well.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess while I was typing this out and giving it some thought, I may have already answered the question for myself, probably should have just confirmed it before posting this in the 1st place...instead it was just confirmed to me right now from a close source I just asked

but pac's actual name was "Parish Lesane Crooks", Parish being his first name, and a last name of Lesane-Crooks...Lesane coming from the side of the family I just spoke of, and Crooks coming from close friends of the fam

while its just a small detail and dont mean much, it's still kinda funny that damn near the whole internet got pac's name backwards and nobody ever noticed lol

Born 2 Revolutionise Executive Director Krizzle's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROLAND IS THE MAN! nuff said
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Shiva was his boy and Makaveli Board is family to him"

I can't keep worrying bout the things in my life I can change
    Dear Lord give me the strength to fight the evil in this game
    Ooh I close my eyes and get down on my knees
    Pray to the heavens protect my family
    If I leave that's good enough for me

-Big K.R.I.T- Good Enough

Gold Member
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the post as said, it answers my last questions on FB but it still does not answer the question as to why nowhere on any documents - not even on his drivers license is this name?

I have not heard about this name until this year on Wikipedia. I am not a Tupac crack however, I would think that Tupac's real name would have been a bigger issue all these years especially in court so thats definitely an interesting point.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I will spread the word on our boy Parish. Mr Lesane-Crooks will not be forgotten!

Bumping the song: When Thugz Cry OG

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, really seems like they really got his name reversed.

Gold Member
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I did notice & often ask me why. Then his name is Parish Lesane-Crooks.
    I can see where 'Lesane' is coming from, but 'Crooks' is from close friends ??

Another thang I did notice & can't answer to this day: I can't remember where, but I swear there's a document, perhaps from Resurrection book, where it mentions the name of his mother (Afeni) & his father.

That was neither Mutulu Shakur, nor Billy Garland.