User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in the Afterlife?

New York State Of Mind Ghostface's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you believe in the Afterlife?

If so what do you believe in? Hell and heaven? Just Heaven? Just hell? Reincarnation? or do you just believe that its just nothing, pretty much the same it was before you were born?

Born 2 Revolutionise Executive Director Krizzle's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn.. what a tough question.. i wanna research this when i go university cus its something im fasinated in.. from what i believe in so far, if i died today, i believe that my soul will elevate to a higher level.. where? who knows, but will move into another dimension..

i respect all religions and i was raised up as a hindu, but as i said i cant fully comment until i fully research
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

I can't keep worrying bout the things in my life I can change
    Dear Lord give me the strength to fight the evil in this game
    Ooh I close my eyes and get down on my knees
    Pray to the heavens protect my family
    If I leave that's good enough for me

-Big K.R.I.T- Good Enough

Learn 2 Love Live 2 Fight Kurupt's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiva View Post
    damn.. what a tough question.. i wanna research this when i go university cus its something im fasinated in.. from what i believe in so far, if i died today, i believe that my soul will elevate to a higher level.. where? who knows, but will move into another dimension..

i respect all religions and i was raised up as a hindu, but as i said i cant fully comment until i fully research
    how do u research somethin like that??as far as i know theres no solid proof of some1 actually going to an after life and then comin back to tell the tale.

sure every once inawhile u get near death situations where the victims say they saw god or a light but 90 percent of the time its just a flashlight in their eye

Born 2 Revolutionise Executive Director Krizzle's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurupt View Post
    how do u research somethin like that??as far as i know theres no solid proof of some1 actually going to an after life and then comin back to tell the tale.

sure every once inawhile u get near death situations where the victims say they saw god or a light but 90 percent of the time its just a flashlight in their eye
    you just read a lot of old books on physics, afterlife etc. theres also no solid proof of religion
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

I can't keep worrying bout the things in my life I can change
    Dear Lord give me the strength to fight the evil in this game
    Ooh I close my eyes and get down on my knees
    Pray to the heavens protect my family
    If I leave that's good enough for me

-Big K.R.I.T- Good Enough

She Royal
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that after the shell is dead, my spirit/soul will just disperse in space...if talking poetically lol

I believe that one is dead, when the electrical activity in his brain ceases. Soul atoms spread around, but by that time you can no longer identify yourself as yourself.

I did have out of body experiences several times in my life and so called 'sleep paralysis', so I am sure, that till your neurons work, your spirit/soul can travel around on its own for a bit... Our brain has this great ability to project the pictures...like dreaming every night and being able to control the dreams etc. But turn your brain off, e. i. stop the electrical flow, and you're dead.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i believe in it in the conventional sence. I believe in heaven & hell and i believe in judgement day and the prophecies of the bible regarding the end of the world and the after life
    Jahrama - Ill$tyle Ikonz

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

Forget about what happened long ago! Don't think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?"

The Word

She Royal
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about you Taylor?

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe in afterlife.... You die and it's the end

New York State Of Mind Ghostface's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe in an afterlife also. I have alot of family members who has had near death experiences. my grandfather for example pretty much convinced me. He was in a coma in 2000 and he told me about how he was floating towards a light with no body form what so ever. hard to explain everything that he said on the internet but what he was saying was very convincing. Honestly I only meet my grandfather at around 2006. So I dont know much about him before the coma, but from what I hear from my grandmother(They weren't together since they had my mom), mother, himself and other people is that he was not that great of a person before it. He used to shoot at people(which got him a couple of years in prison) get into it with cops, and beat up people on the street. but once he got out of the coma and joined the 5% nation he was a completely different person. But he always tells me the story about the light and he also tells me about his parents(my great grandfather-and grandmother) near death experience also. sometime even saying that he gets visits from them(also his sisters who also passed) in his dreams

Also there is a story from my mother who says that she dreams of my great grandmother. sometimes giving advice( I know its will sound crazy to some of ya but I believe my moms)

Another one is when I went off to college in Buffalo, New York. I did work study on mondays,wednesdays, and fridays. One friday before heading off to a restaurant for dinner. somehow the conversation of religion popped up. and the head boss told us about a how she meditated before and had out of body experiences twice. I heard that story from someone again. Kinda thought it was bullshit, but my grandfather told me my great grandmother did the same and then now sahar says the same thing. so now thats something I cant just deny now.

there is alot more stories but these are the main reasons why I believe in a afterlife. Now the heaven and hell thing I dont know if I believe it or disagree with it. I honestly dont know but I believe strongly that our soul(energy) moves on after the body dies but where too? I dont know. I know me believing this will make me sound very gullible but These stories dont come from some douche on tv trying to sell a book or something....this comes from my family who I know very well and wont lie and who will have nothing to gain from telling me this. so I believe their stories.

Now I know some of you dont like asher roth but Im going to quote what he said which is one of my favorite lines.

Mortals are immortal when their soul has been imported
    to a source that is more sovereign, important to the whole (Whole)

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The topic is such an unexplainable one that no human could possibly understand it in a high enough degree to truly know and not need to theorize. Any and all beliefs are mental theories either shown to them by family, friends, etc. or found by their own accord. The only people who know the facts are dead, thus unable to let us know. Whether they're ghosts that walk the world, ascendants into "Heaven", or dissipated of existence is beyond human mental capability.

You have to ask yourself: Do more primitive animals, such as lions or gorillas, go to Heaven (if you believe in it) or do only humans? If only humans, then that means Heaven is of a relatively new existence in its own matter, or we as "souls" were just waiting, as humans have only been around for a certain amount of time.

Why was religion created in the first place and how did so many different civilizations across the world, unable to communicate with each other, understand death enough to conjure their own religions with deities, holy books, etc.? Simple. Man, by nature, is afraid deep down inside to no longer exist. No matter who you are, whether an atheist or not, you have some degree of fear within you of being unable to perform living actions, to see loved ones, etc.

Still, many hints to an afterlife have been shown, such as these "near-death experiences" and out of body techniques. It's such a dimensional topic that nobody, not Stephen Hawking, Tupac, nor Flava Flav could possibly make a guaranteed prediction.

It's all part of the living process. We as individuals will only truthfully know once our eyes (may) close for that final time, our heart stops, and we can no longer commit to our usual activity. As for my belief? I'm with Shiva. Personally, as much as I wish to be apart of a belief and have an afterlife that I can enjoy, I can't merely accept God without looking at the details and figuring it out for myself. I don't want to just choose a religion just to be part of the crowd or because it seems to be a more convenient "reality" for me; I have to research and understand it the best way that I, as a human being, possibly can.
    Last edited by Premo; 06-23-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have always believed in an afterlife. The death of my Godmother who I was fairly close to back in 06 actually strengthened my belief an the afterlife. I believe in the revelations and teachings of the Bible and what it says about Heaven and Hell. I also believe in the existence of a place of cleansing called 'Purgatory'

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

whats the difference between limbo and purgatory ?

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ ^ purgatory is punishment
    Jahrama - Ill$tyle Ikonz

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

Forget about what happened long ago! Don't think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?"

The Word

Makaveli Souljah 2001Tupacalypse's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For myself, I do not believe in an afterlife. I believe we only live once and nothing else, but i'm cool with that. I don't think death is something to be afraid of, it is just part of existence.

My view is that what is called the 'soul' is just the brain (our mind) but it is just an organ and like every other organ in the body it die's when the body die's. I don't think about death all that much because there really isn't much to think about - when it comes it will be just one big unconscious deep sleep, one from which we won't be conscious of or waking up from, but like all living things before us everything has an expiry date and I accept that without fear.

I've concluded that, for me personally, the meaning of life is just a natural pattern - we are born, we fulfill our purpose by procreating, and finally we distract ourselves until death comes (though it could be said that we distract ourselves from death everyday). By distract, I mean we do things that put those thoughts about the inevitability of death to the back of our minds, so we have fun and try to get the most out of life. It can be short so best enjoy it to the fullest.

Blast me but never ask me to live a lie
    Am I wrong cause I wanna get it on til I die

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death is just gonna be like us sleeping, but forever. In my opinion. You won't know it.