Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MB Member meets Tupac family!

On the morning of September 13th, 2011, 15 years after the death of Tupac Shakur, the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation (TASF) prepared for a memorial celebration. Makaveli Board wanted to be present at this event. One of our members Adam aka rapfan7196 lives close by in ATL. We decided that he would represent MB at the celebration. Little did we know that his personality and passion would push him from being a spectator to personal contact with the Shakur Family. Here is his account in his own words:

Well, after 15 years I finally met Tupac’s family!
    The day started off as any other, I went to my job at the Atlanta Airport. During the day something told me I have to go to the 2pac Center For the Arts (TASF) to pay respects for 2pac on his 15 year of death. My Friend called me and told me to let him know when I was getting off of work. We met up right after. Got to the center of arts and it seemed as if no one was there, it was kind of empty, only two cars in the parking lot. So as soon as we entered the building a very nice lady greeted us who i had never seen before. We chatted about being long term fans and I mentioned I was from Makaveli Board. She had said she thought she heard of that site. Then all of a sudden I had mentioned that I was a 2pac fan with tattoos in memory of him. She wanted to see, so i showed them to her. We stepped outside for a smoke. As soon as we were heading to smoke a silver Volvo pulled up. Out stepped a lady, a teenage boy and teenage girl. The lady from the office told me it was 2pacs sister Sekyiwa Shakur! With her was her son Malik and her oldest daughter. So the lady from the office said “Hey, Mrs. Shakur, if have a min i want you to meet someone. He is a huge fan of your bother!” She said, “sure anything for a fan.” So she shook my hand and introduced herself. Malik came over and said hello. I said, “you’re the baby from the famous picture of 2pac teaching to crawl?” He said, “yes i am that baby.” So she then said to me, “well i hear you have some 2Pac inspired tattoos, can i please see them?” i showed them to her and she had tears in her eyes. She said my bother would be so proud of you never forgot him. I said i never will. I told her that if it wasn’t for your brother always being there for me all my life I would not have turned out like I did. She said, “I am about to show the peace garden and the center to a visitor, if u want to come you are more than welcome”. I looked at my friend and smiled, thinking a personal tour by Tupac’s sister would be a dream come true!

Tears in the Garden
    She showed us the center last. We headed out to the garden and I said its feels great to finally meet you. Sekyiwa said, “Why is that? You are family; your 2Pac’s family, always remember that”. She walked with us three and showed us around and talked about many things around the center and garden. As we made it around she began to talk about the defacing of Pac’s statue and the tears started flowing but i could see she was trying to hide it. I finally got the courage to ask her if Pac’s ashes were buried there. She said he is in a few of his favorite places, Sunset Strip, Lumberton, and the Pacific Ocean. I saw more tears, I was looking down thinking great i just made rap royalty sad. She said, “I am fine”.
    We headed back to the center. She then asked why don’t I join them at the block party down town for 2Pac. She handed us a flyer. So I asked if she would not mind if we took a picture and she said sure I don’t mind at all. I had mentioned I was a member of the fan site Makaveli Board and she said we are always looking for official fundraisers. so we can make this place for all of Pac’s family around the world. I then gave her a big hug and said don’t worry he is always with us in our hearts and he is watching us. Sekyiwa has the euphanisa angel tattoo just like mine. She said she would see me soon and we hugged again and parted ways.

TASF Block Party
    Me and my friend headed down town to the block party. Parking was very limited. We went inside to view the documents that were on display. I asked the security guard if I could have the flyer on the wall. He said sure why not. So not only did I get the poster but later I had Seykiwa sign it, she put "Thanks for keeping Pac's Spirit Alive".

So they are playing music of 2Pac as well as giving away prizes, CD’s, posters and books to the local students. I had talked my way into getting 2 wrist bands that they were giving out to students only. There was popcorn, ice cream, water and soda, all for free. After a while of waiting a crowd formed and the 2pac Center for the Arts kids performed. Sekyiwa came on the stage and thanked everyone for coming out. Then a few local poetry and singing artists performed, mostly kids from the Center for the Arts. From where I was I could see Napoleon’s wife and son to my left. His son looks just like Kadafi. Then when the show was about over I saw Kastro up on stage. When he stepped off to have a smoke, he came up to me and said he saw my tats. He said that he was told by Sekyiwa that I was there. I explained the meaning behind most of my tattoos is for my mother who has cancer. He stopped me in midsentence and said he was sorry to hear that. I had asked where the laws at he said that they were in Vancouver doing a show and he was doing his own thing. Kastro told me when I have a day off we should kick it! We should have a drink, go to the studio, or whatever. He then gave me his number. I was so damn nervous that my hands were shaking and typed the wrong number in my phone. Kastro had to fix it and said for me to call it so he would have mine. I mentioned to him about Makaveli Board and he said that Shiva was his boy and Makaveli Board is family to him.
    So then he went back to his seat on the stage. I got near the guard rail and I saw Aunt Glow! I reached out my hand and yelled, “Aunt Glow, I love you!” She said I love you too child.

My Final Request
    Before I had parted ways with Sekyiwa and the family I had told her I wanted to display some of my rare collection as a loan to the Center for the Arts. She gave me the email address for Afeni’s personal assistant. Then asked me how can we help you and Makaveli Board? I told her that she had already done so much. But then I said I would like to get your mothers handwriting tattooed on my chest. She asked what I would want it to say? I said I want the word ‘SURVIVOR’. She asked me why and I said because, next to my momma, Afeni is the strongest woman i can ever think of. Sekyiwa promised me she would have to check and see but didn’t see a problem with her doing it. Then I told her I would keep her and the family in my prayers and she said she would do the same. We parted ways and that was that I went home and went to sleep. I was so shaken from my visit I didn’t even want to drive home. I had to get my friend to drive, haha. Man, all I can say is that it was a memory that will forever have an impact on my life.
    ~Adam J

Incredible day! Makaveli Board would like to thank Adam, Sekyiwa, Kastro and the entire Tupac family for making it a memorable day for a true fan. For embracing an everyday individual and treating him with the same love and respect that we feel Tupac and the family receive from us.
    We are excited to be an extension of the family and look forward to more personal contact and relationship building. Makaveli Board will continue to support the movement knowing that with all of us together the legacy lives on!

Learn 2 Love Live 2 Fight Kurupt's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

amazing. congrats adam. the feeling u get from meetin some1 close to pac is a great feeling. we all happy for u here at MB
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist.” — Dom Hélder Câmara

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is a legendary experience that I have just read right there. Beautiful in all words that could possibly express such feelings. He is one lucky ass dude!!

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is special really jealous hope he had a great day. this site is special

Born 2 Revolutionise Executive Director Krizzle's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is AWESOME! what a great read! Thank you adam and thank you to TASF and all of Pac's friends and family
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

I can't keep worrying bout the things in my life I can change
    Dear Lord give me the strength to fight the evil in this game
    Ooh I close my eyes and get down on my knees
    Pray to the heavens protect my family
    If I leave that's good enough for me

-Big K.R.I.T- Good Enough

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful. Big thanks to everyone.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well done dude, awesome

The risk of a wrong decision is preferable to the terror of indecision

Perhaps I know best why it is man alone who laughs; he alone suffers so deeply that he had to invent laughter

Senior Member Angel-of-death777's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations Adam!
    No one becomes popular by telling people the truth. History records what happened to the true prophets of the past. However, some have listened to their warnings and were not caught off-guard. Others have put their heads in the sand and refused to listen. They have died.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

excellant excellant work! Well done Adam, hope everything works out with your mother
    Jahrama - Ill$tyle Ikonz

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

Forget about what happened long ago! Don't think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?"

The Word

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pac is scattered at Sunset? Wow exclusive shit! thanks!

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great story

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing. That's story was probably every fan's dream besides meeting Pac himself.

Take a pic of your tattoos dedicated to Pac, I'm curious!
    "They our seeds and when they bleed, we bleed. That's what becomes of lonely children, they turn to Gs"
    - 2pac - "This Ain't Livin"

"Niggas miss you with your Sunkist soda and all your jokes...the older brother I never had, nigga the G.O.A.T, the greatest of all time, acting, rhyme, politically speaking no silly ass punchlines..."
    - Fatal - "Letter to Pac"

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Kastro told me when I have a day off we should kick it! We should have a drink, go to the studio, or whatever. He then gave me his number. "

So lucky, see how the pacs family & the lawz are. They humble people.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn man !! kastro asking you to kick it in the studio :O wow i would be there in a sec and do a song together

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much! And I have a silly question...who is Aunt Glow?

Also I want to say that is the most freakin awesome family ever! After all these years and they are all so dedicated to Pac and never get tired of the fans. For her to say that Pac's fans are his family is so heartbreaking. I have never seen more friendly people in my life and that is the way I have always lived mine and its so great to see that these are the type of ppl you can probably meet once and they seem to never forget you.

God Bless Pac's family and his fans!