Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad they changed the type face, it looks far better.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    so...lets recap

they've shot everything in atlanta...

2. its directed by an ass & tits rap music video director.. and lt hutton, who's like a grown ass 14 yr old..

3. looks like afeni wasnt envolved

4. theyve cast every walking dead actor

5 edi and noble are playing them selfes

OH yeah ..and this clown is on the soundtrack

i hope i'll regret saying this when i see the movie

so.. i dont regret this post..

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will watch when it comes out on DVD or itunes. Our cinemas show in russian translation so I better not watch it in russian

Born 2 Revolutionise Executive Director Krizzle's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I finally watched the movie yesterday night.. Thoughts..

I feel as if the whole film was rushed. There was no coherent storyline. Constant flashbacks with no substance. The whole thing just seemed a bit random before the DR scenes kicked in. There was no real spine to the movie. Why were the camera angles never still on most scenes? Being static on a scene emphasises a serious narrative & adds suspense. The camera constantly moving made it like a music video..

he film itself looked like it had been montaged together without any clear direction and soul. And the main thing Pac had was soul! I felt as if they portrayed too much negativity surrounding Pac at DR.. But I feel as if that was the sort of vibes that were surrounding Pac at the time..

I do feel that Interscope & Suge promoted internally the East v West beef to make records & make the higher uppers stack $$$$ of Tupac. Interscope didn't care if Pac got killed, they were smart. They were going to make money with or without Pac. It's all business bruh..

I was however, really happy to see my boy in the big screens. His music in the movies in 2017. His message too (which could have been portrayed better).. I'm just a bit upset that his mama passed away & was never able to give her true 100% blessing to it. I hope the estate is getting royalties off it. Resurrection is much better!

Being a critic, 5-6/10. Being a Pac fan, 10-10.
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

I can't keep worrying bout the things in my life I can change
    Dear Lord give me the strength to fight the evil in this game
    Ooh I close my eyes and get down on my knees
    Pray to the heavens protect my family
    If I leave that's good enough for me

-Big K.R.I.T- Good Enough

Gold Member
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzle View Post

I feel as if the whole film was rushed. There was no coherent storyline. Constant flashbacks with no substance. The whole thing just seemed a bit random before the DR scenes kicked in. There was no real spine to the movie. Why were the camera angles never still on most scenes? Being static on a scene emphasises a serious narrative & adds suspense. The camera constantly moving made it like a music video..

he film itself looked like it had been montaged together without any clear direction and soul. And the main thing Pac had was soul! I felt as if they portrayed too much negativity surrounding Pac at DR.. But I feel as if that was the sort of vibes that were surrounding Pac at the time..

I do feel that Interscope & Suge promoted internally the East v West beef to make records & make the higher uppers stack $$$$ of Tupac. Interscope didn't care if Pac got killed, they were smart. They were going to make money with or without Pac. It's all business bruh..

I was however, really happy to see my boy in the big screens. His music in the movies in 2017. His message too (which could have been portrayed better).. I'm just a bit upset that his mama passed away & was never able to give her true 100% blessing to it. I hope the estate is getting royalties off it. Resurrection is much better!

Being a critic, 5-6/10. Being a Pac fan, 10-10.
    It is a really bad film, totally forgettable, and even worse than those TV films. His paranoia, contradictions, obsession with guns and death were really totally over looked. The only good thing is it was so shit, it does open the door to a remake it in 10 years.
    They missed putting his 1992 anti Trump speech in at the beginning, that would have been so powerful with Trump getting elected, and the Brotherhood Crusade speech about building a wall, and giving America back to the Native Americans would have balanced the Death Row era part.
    Last edited by Djhaynes; 11-05-2017 at 12:30 AM.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    201 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krizzle View Post

That's because Benny Boom is a music video director. He's never directed a movie in his life and 2Pac's biopic being his 1st was a huge slap in the face. This was handled horribly and LT Hutton being the executive producer is a pure joke. They deserve to get robbed for whatever little profit they made outta that movie. It's a damn shame it has come to this with 2Pac's Legacy.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot2Kill View Post
    That's because Benny Boom is a music video director. He's never directed a movie in his life and 2Pac's biopic being his 1st was a huge slap in the face. This was handled horribly and LT Hutton being the executive producer is a pure joke. They deserve to get robbed for whatever little profit they made outta that movie. It's a damn shame it has come to this with 2Pac's Legacy.
    Ever since LT was involved I knew there would be some reason behind it $. Also, EDI and Noble could have made from their input on the sides but made that extra $ off their 15 second cameo in the movie.. There was a chance to propel it to real good levels but the shot was missed. Why? Because of money? Movie rights? Contradictions?

Why have we not got the definitive answer to whether ma Afeni had her full heart and soul in the project? That is the only thing that matters to me. Everything else is irrelevant

The movie sucked.. But taking the money, message, director, and us as OG pac fans out of the equation. Pacs music was played in cinemas worldwide in 2017. I know that if I passed some day I would want my messages and values in life to spread over generations. Great music is great and not good because it is timeless.. I know there will be a lot of new Pac fans around the world about to embark on a journey we went through years ago.. I hope we all here in another 10 years discussing how much better the new one would be..
    Last edited by Krizzle; 11-10-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    "I mentioned to him (Kastro) about Makaveli Board and he said that Makaveli Board is family to him"

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Djhaynes View Post
    It is a really bad film, totally forgettable, and even worse than those TV films. His paranoia, contradictions, obsession with guns and death were really totally over looked. The only good thing is it was so shit, it does open the door to a remake it in 10 years.
    They missed putting his 1992 anti Trump speech in at the beginning, that would have been so powerful with Trump getting elected, and the Brotherhood Crusade speech about building a wall, and giving America back to the Native Americans would have balanced the Death Row era part.
    As much as I would love that start bro we would have to tread carefully.. Mutulu has served 30 of his 60 year sentence and was denied parole last year and the officials didn't even officially comment why. He's up for parole next year. If that Trump speech was in there he would have found a way to keep Mutulu in jail for the rest of his life.. I feel as if Pac and Mutulu had a really close relationship and his release is more important than a film.. Notice how his sister Set and his ma were never really comfortable with it in the first place

The letter Mutulu wrote to Pac the night of his death

This letter was written the night of Tupac's death from the cell of his stepfather, Mutulu Shakur, inside the federal penitentiary in Florence, Cololoado.

I love you whenever....forever. Tupac, so much I needed to say, so much you wanted to say. Many conversations between us within the ether, whenever forever.
    The pain inflicted that scarred your soul but not your spirit gave force to the rebellion. Many couldn't see your dreams or understand your nightmares. How could they, Tupac? I knew your love and understood your passion. But you knew of your beginning and saw your end....racing towards it.
    You taught and fought through your songs and deeds. RATT-TATT-TATT of words penetrating the contradiction of our existence.
    Whenever....forever
    Who cares? We cared, Tupac. The Shakurs have been guided by struggle, prepared or not, whenever....forever. We've exposed our existence, naked from fear, to those who would hear the positive. Who would witness the stress, wear and tear of this lonely path. You couldn't have evaded the effect or the changes. You inherited it, it was in your genes.
    But still, you danced your dance, you lived your life. You forced loyality on those who would fake and shake at the true vision. You were Tupac
    Like the four seasons, we come to this planet taking form, becoming elements of nature, Some of us are only one season, and others like you were part of many seasons. This dynamic will scare most anyone who realized the burden at such an early stage of life. You fought well. We love you. We understand....forever, whenever.
    Please give my love to our family. Ask them to help you on the other side. Tell Zayd, Lumumba, Aby, Brother Leggs, Mtaryi, Attallah, that they are to continue to help us down here. Shakur's love is strong. Whenever....forever
    Friday 13th didn't mean a thing. Life is for living and dying well. Whenever.....forever. Allah knows best. We choose the quality of our life. You understand the pain of disappointment in the ones we love. You pushed so many away. Burnt so many bridges so they wouldn't follow you into battles against the demons you were facing. Knowing well to what lengths you would go. This battlefield of reality is littered with many meaningless casualties
    You never yelled out "Somebody, save me!" You only asked for your soul to be free, whenever....forever. You told us to keep our head up, knowing the pain was coming. Knowing to look for the strength in the heavens. Set your soul free, Tupac Amaru.

We keep waiting in vain for their love
    Will your levitation be awakening of us all?
    The division unsettling to our dreams and goals?
    You passing demanding repentance and resistance?
    We keep waiting, not in vain. We give you love. Give us love.
    To my brother and son, these emotions are hell. I wish you well in the next journey. My soul aches for comfort. In our next life we will finish our unfinished journey. Whenever.....forever
    For now Tupac, we will hold our heads up. This journey is at an end, your ashes are in the wind. Friends and enimies will have to look to the stars. You are truly a star. A star navigating through the dynamics of this, your path chosen before you arrived. Lessions we've gained will materialize after you're gone. Whenever....forever
    Your family will keep the spirit high, for we are Shakurs. We are thankful for what life gives us. Through the pain and the struggle we are blessed by the victory. Go forward, Tupac.
    The victories---we will teach your mission, we are thankful for you. We love you, Tupac Shakur. We ain't mad at you, we'll be better because of you.
    So now I give you my tears so I might assimilate your loss and I can live on in peace.
    Knowing I will feed your spirit with my unconditional love, knowing you will need it on your next journey.
    May Allah bless you for your deeds and forgive your errors.
    Tupac come to me an give me strength.

Love always.
    Your father, friend, comrade, Mutulu Shaku

Back to Father figure

http://mutulushakur.com/site/support/
    Last edited by Krizzle; 11-10-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't remember who said it but someone said that it would have been a great idea to make it a Netflix series.. 3 series of his life spread over 5/6 years. Taken each known and memorable moments with time and love. Such a great idea

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter who produces it or what it includes, some people will not be happy. Not a criticism just a fact.
    Jahrama - Ill$tyle Ikonz

"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.

Forget about what happened long ago! Don't think about the past. I am creating something new. There it is! Do you see it?"

The Word