Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hot Black Figures In The Media...

Saw this on another site, whom saw it on reddit lol. but thought it was interesting.

Talking about Kanye West, Grammy's, and Black Vs Media.

His "tantrums" are hardly worse than those of his white counterparts. The real problem is the one we all seem to have with the "arrogant black male" in which a talented, successful black male speaks his minds and airs his thoughts, only to receive huge backlash and be called an immature, ungrateful child. (See: Kanye west, Richard Sherman).
    Currently, we prefer famous black men to be eloquent, mild-mannered, soft-spoken, and conform to the same standards set forth by white men. (Denzel Washington, Barack Obama, and Sidney Poitier come to mind). But when someone loud, confident, maybe even arrogant, speaks his mind, they're dismissed. It's pretty shameful that all people took from Yeezus was that Kanye was "whining" or being childish. It really was a commentary on how, rich or poor, being black in America is still not as good as being white.
    Agree? Disagree? Discuss.

Don't Go 2 Sleep
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed but that doesnt mean kanyes right for doing it. people should be called out on it regardless of what skin colour they are. if ANYBODY in the public eye wants to continue having tantrums over practically nothing then they should be ignored, white or black. amanda bynes is a perfect example, people have started ignoring her after all the shit she pulled (throwing a bong out of the window into traffic, drunk driving, etc) r maybe i just havent been paying attention, i aint heard her name in a while though.

New York State Of Mind Ghostface's Avatar
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell yeah it's true, alot of these white people don't like their Negroes to be outspoken. They want these black celebrities to shut up and just be grateful or even a fucking coon. They hated pac, chuck d, ice cube, Sherman, ali, Malcolm x, huey Newton,etc and now Kanye is getting shitted on for not acting like a "grateful negro". "Yeah, we discriminate against you in the fashion industry but you made millions doing rap, so stfu, stop whining and be grateful". Kanye was right about these award shows, dudes called him crazy before but it took kendrick Lamar getting robbed for people to FINALLY see the fuckery. They don't like an outspoken black person. They want them to be a "reuben studdard and come off less threatening"- black thought

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stacks View Post
    agreed but that doesnt mean kanyes right for doing it. people should be called out on it regardless of what skin colour they are. if ANYBODY in the public eye wants to continue having tantrums over practically nothing then they should be ignored, white or black. amanda bynes is a perfect example, people have started ignoring her after all the shit she pulled (throwing a bong out of the window into traffic, drunk driving, etc) r maybe i just havent been paying attention, i aint heard her name in a while though.
    I think you missed the point. :/

Quote Originally Posted by ASAP Ghost View Post
    Hell yeah it's true, alot of these white people don't like their Negroes to be outspoken. They want these black celebrities to shut up and just be grateful or even a fucking coon. They hated pac, chuck d, ice cube, Sherman, ali, Malcolm x, huey Newton,etc and now Kanye is getting shitted on for not acting like a "grateful negro". "Yeah, we discriminate against you in the fashion industry but you made millions doing rap, so stfu, stop whining and be grateful". Kanye was right about these award shows, dudes called him crazy before but it took kendrick Lamar getting robbed for people to FINALLY see the fuckery. They don't like an outspoken black person. They want them to be a "reuben studdard and come off less threatening"- black thought
    Couldn't agree with you more. Weren't they calling richard sherman a thug? just because he was outspoken. Its sad.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they were calling him a thug, nigger , monkey. The usual basically. What's funny is the guy graduated near the top of his class in high school and got a degree from Stanford University.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they were calling him a thug, nigger , monkey. The usual basically. What's funny is the guy graduated near the top of his class in high school and got a degree from Stanford University.
    Damn that's bad. I was seeing posts on tumblr about him and how he said thug is basically another way of calling someone a nigger now. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacks View Post
    no, i understood the point & i fully agree with you but kanye in particular i don't feel we should be defending.
    This thread isn't about kanye west, its about black people in the media and how they are supposed to be docile individuals. you can take your hate for kanye somewhere else. Thanks.

Don't Go 2 Sleep
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kace View Post
    This thread isn't about kanye west, its about black people in the media and how they are supposed to be docile individuals. you can take your hate for kanye somewhere else. Thanks.
    Kanye was used as an example in your first post. like i said, i agree 100% but using kanye as an example is fucked up. we've already spoke on him in another thread so its pointless even explaining what i mean because i'd just be repeating myself. peace.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn that's bad. I was seeing posts on tumblr about him and how he said thug is basically another way of calling someone a nigger now.
    Yeah they're quick to call him a thug but not lil slim shady Justin Bieber.all he did was trash talk during a sports game. They act like he committed a crime or something. Don't know if you're that much into football but reminds me of what they did to terell Owens.

son had nothing to say on this important topic he just dropped the Kanye hate and bounced lmao

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah they're quick to call him a thug but not lil slim shady Justin Bieber.all he did was trash talk during a sports game. They act like he committed a crime or something. Don't know if you're that much into football but reminds me of what they did to terell Owens.

son had nothing to say on this important topic he just dropped the Kanye hate and bounced lmao
    right, and that guy trying hard to emulate n words. and nah what did they do to terell owens?

right exactly, completely missing the point. smh no one has time for that bullshit hate. foh. lol.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right, and that guy trying hard to emulate n words. and nah what did they do to terell owens?

right exactly, completely missing the point. smh no one has time for that bullshit hate. foh. lol.
    T.O used to talk alot of shit, mostly about his own teammates when they weren't performing well. Basically he would complain when they lose and say they should've given him the ball he was open on multiple plays. He was even right imo. He has the second most WR yards in history. USE HIM, fuck they keep throwing dump off passes to Jason witten for? Sure he shouldn't be throwing his QB under the bus to the media but still they crucified him. They acted like he did the Gilbert arenas and brought a gun into the locker room. Needless to say homie on talk shows talking about he's broke and shit now

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T.O used to talk alot of shit, mostly about his own teammates when they weren't performing well. Basically he would complain when they lose and say they should've given him the ball he was open on multiple plays. He was even right imo. He has the second most WR yards in history. USE HIM, fuck they keep throwing dump off passes to Jason witten for? Sure he shouldn't be throwing his QB under the bus to the media but still they crucified him. They acted like he did the Gilbert arenas and brought a gun into the locker room. Needless to say homie on talk shows talking about he's broke and shit now
    its a shame that a little bit of shit talk .. which i thought players did in games anyway.. got perceived in such a way. then get called thugs, and they say racism is dead. psh. madonna basically just got away with calling her white son nigga. she's been racist for years though, remember when she dressed up in black face. fucked up part is she has a black son, i can only imagine what she's teaching him in that house, probably that its okay to be called that. point is though, she got away with it.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a shame that a little bit of shit talk .. which i thought players did in games anyway.. got perceived in such a way. then get called thugs, and they say racism is dead. psh. madonna basically just got away with calling her white son nigga. she's been racist for years though, remember when she dressed up in black face. fucked up part is she has a black son, i can only imagine what she's teaching him in that house, probably that its okay to be called that. point is though, she got away with it.
    I heard about her calling her son a Nigga but I never heard about the black face shit. Anyone who thinks racism is dead is a moron. Shit you can go to George Zimmerman twitter and see racism is alive and well. When I got back online after the summer I actually saw that thread of people on this board defending that clown. Was disgusting I wish I was here for that

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How the hell does Zimmerman have supporters here? I could understand a Eminem forum, shit maybe even a johnny cash forum but a fucking TUPAC forum? WTF

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was crazy, defending a man who shot down an unarmed teenager. I thought this would be a good topic for the tupac forum though, considering how the media treated tupac similarly to how they treat all outspoken blacks in the media.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I would've thought it would get more discussion, guess not
    Last edited by Ghostface; 01-28-2014 at 04:47 PM.