Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post The letters of a caged bird

(Original Post Deleted)

I ve been thinkin about what to do with these lyrics for a long time now and I have come to the conclusion that it is def. better to not leave them up here.

Sorry.

I will post new stuff soon...
    Last edited by cribby1983; 09-07-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    Writing a verse every day, keeps the psychologist away.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, since this seems to have caused some kind of controversy or whatever u wanna call it,
    I`d like to say something about why I wrote these lyrics like that.

First and foremost, this is a fictional story and these are fictional letters based on a true background.
    We all on here know the true story behind these lyrics.

To give that story a time frame I added dates to the letters. One person is locked up in his cell. The other person is somewhere outside. I knew that, if I add dates, this could be misunderstood as real letters. It was part of the plan to cause the controversy actually because I feel like there are still too many people out there not really getting how complex this mans personality really was.

The setting of the story is a character of the story itself. It pictures the misery this imprisoned man is facing and it creates some kind of melancholic, depressive atmosphere.

That´s about it for the setting of the story.

What I did was trying to look at the situation from his point of view. I thought about what the needs of an incarcerated and locked up individual are and what privations this person is being confronted with while he is in prison, especially if this person is Tupac Shakur. But it fits to every imprisoned person, not only Tupac.

You have to understand that there is not really a supporter who wrote letters. The character of the supporter is actually a part of the prisoners personality. I choose to create a second character within the story to - on the one hand - point out the needs of this man more clearly and on the other hand - to create an image of how strong and self confident he still was even through everything that had happened to him before.

How does someone feel, who has experienced what Tupac had seen in his life already when he went to prison ?
    His thinking patterns were very unique and a result of his past. They caused distrust towards other people in general, they led to questioning not only his position within the society he lived in but also the functionality of the society itself. He felt socially isolated.

Furthermore I tried to draw a picture of what happens when a person is released from prison and how the feelings and actions and wishes of such a person change, but I haven´t posted these lyrics yet and I don´t know if I wanna put them up here anymore. I don´t know…
    Writing a verse every day, keeps the psychologist away.