Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just curious who here is actually from Los Angeles?

I was born and raised in Inglewood, been around gang culture my whole life.

I know a million guys like Tupac. It's incredibly common for a person to be considered a member of a set without actually being a gang banger. I know guys who openly throw up Rollin' 60's in pictures, hang out with gang members 24/7 but aren't actual gang bangers. They don't run around banging on other people or asking where guys are from, they just represent for where they grew up and who they grew up around. When you grow up in a neighborhood and you're involved in the streets whether it's hustling bootleg DVD's or selling drugs, you're going to have SOME affiliation with the guys around you.

'Pac was bailed out of a jail by a MOB Piru member and proceeded to spend the last year or so of his life around MOB Piru members, got a MOB tattoo on his arm in the same font that the set uses, and shouted out guys from the set on one of his biggest songs.

Tupac wasn't a "blood" but he was affiliated, and I don't even really care anymore because he wasn't constantly running around throwing up gang signs like Chris Brown or Lil Wayne. 'Pac was simply repping for the guys who looked out for him once he got out of jail. When you're affiliated you don't have to follow the same code as actual gang members. 'Pac wore blue, he hung out with crips, he did what he wanted, but he made sure he represented for the MOB because that's who took him in during the latter part of his life.

Like I said, if you're not from Los Angeles I'm sure this shit can be confusing lol but it's just common practice around here. Every single dude you meet from South Central Los Angeles is connected to a gang in some form or fashion even if they don't gang bang themselves.

Side note, MOB Piru's had been using "Money Over Bitches" as the acronym for MOB since the 80's. So it's actually funny that 'Pac openly repped the MOB without people realizing it. You've gotta be a legit square to think the MOB in MOB Piru stands for "Member of Bloods".

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ItsThatEasy View Post

I know a million guys like Tupac. It's incredibly common for a person to be considered a member of a set without actually being a gang banger. I know guys who openly throw up Rollin' 60's in pictures, hang out with gang members 24/7 but aren't actual gang bangers. They don't run around banging on other people or asking where guys are from, they just represent for where they grew up and who they grew up around. When you grow up in a neighborhood and you're involved in the streets whether it's hustling bootleg DVD's or selling drugs, you're going to have SOME affiliation with the guys around you.

'Pac was bailed out of a jail by a MOB Piru member and proceeded to spend the last year or so of his life around MOB Piru members, got a MOB tattoo on his arm in the same font that the set uses, and shouted out guys from the set on one of his biggest songs.

Tupac wasn't a "blood" but he was affiliated, and I don't even really care anymore because he wasn't constantly running around throwing up gang signs like Chris Brown or Lil Wayne. 'Pac was simply repping for the guys who looked out for him once he got out of jail. When you're affiliated you don't have to follow the same code as actual gang members. 'Pac wore blue, he hung out with crips, he did what he wanted, but he made sure he represented for the MOB because that's who took him in during the latter part of his life.

Like I said, if you're not from Los Angeles I'm sure this shit can be confusing lol but it's just common practice around here. Every single dude you meet from South Central Los Angeles is connected to a gang in some form or fashion even if they don't gang bang themselves.

Side note, MOB Piru's had been using "Money Over Bitches" as the acronym for MOB since the 80's. So it's actually funny that 'Pac openly repped the MOB without people realizing it. You've gotta be a legit square to think the MOB in MOB Piru stands for "Member of Bloods".
    This is what I'm saying. I get it .. All I'm trying to say in all this is to me .. Pac did rep MOB but he wasn't a blood. I'm from North London and personally none of this shit is hard to understand.

May the greatest man to ever touch a microphone RIP tho. After all these years his music and interviews are more relevant than ever.
    Last edited by mista_quiksta; 08-09-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pac been saying MOB Piru from his Bay Area days , Hammer had the same tattoo for his click 69 Village Mob in Oakland.

Pac definitely shouted out MOB Piru and backed them up but he didn't involved in gang banging.

60s is a gang that let all kind of people rep they shit to get a rep.Not a good example.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MobFiga View Post
    Pac been saying MOB Piru from his Bay Area days , Hammer had the same tattoo for his click 69 Village Mob in Oakland.

Pac definitely shouted out MOB Piru and backed them up but he didn't involved in gang banging.

60s is a gang that let all kind of people rep they shit to get a rep.Not a good example.
    Would love to see some evidence of 'Pac ever saying MOB before he got to Death Row.

Got any?

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would love to see some evidence of 'Pac ever saying MOB before he got to Death Row.

Got any?
    He did I got no time to dig through, Yukmouth even confirmed that he did,.

"@4:07

Pac was not no blood cause on one of this tracks he said what it Be like what it Ce like in the intro,all the times before Deathrow Pac was wearing a red rag but he chose not to on Deathrow when could of done it.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He did I got no time to dig through, Yukmouth even confirmed that he did,.

"@4:07

Pac was not no blood cause on one of this tracks he said what it Be like what it Ce like in the intro,all the times before Deathrow Pac was wearing a red rag but he chose not to on Deathrow when could of done it.
    So you don't actually have any evidence of him saying MOB before Death Row?

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you don't actually have any evidence of him saying MOB before Death Row?
    Yukmouth pretty much says Pac was yelling MOB before Deathrow. So Imma go with that homie.

Gold Member
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mista_quiksta View Post
    lol feisty little one ain't you?!

You're making yourself look silly by writing essays with your little attitude. I've been listening to Pac since before he died. You ain't telling me nothing new.

The whole point of this conversation is me telling you Pac wasn't a blood. He can pay homage by having MOB tatted on his arm and that's what I said in my first post. Go read it again .. I'm done with this ..
    No, you made yourself silly by saying that I said Pac was a Blood, and I told you that I did not once say he was a Blood. I'm sure you went back and looked at my posts and realized that. So no one was arguing with you about Pac not being a Blood, so I don't get why you repeat that so much. I said he was claiming MOB, and you in one of your posts said "if you really do your research,you'll find that Pac wasn't MOB." Yet in your most recent post, you said:

Quote Originally Posted by mista_quiksta View Post
    This is what I'm saying. I get it .. All I'm trying to say in all this is to me .. Pac did rep MOB but he wasn't a blood.
    Again no one was saying he was a Blood. But in one post, you say he "wasn't MOB" and now you're saying "Pac did rep MOB," which is what I had been saying all along.

I don't have a problem with you though -- we're all Pac fans and that's all good.

Gold Member
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I grew up in Ventura County and LA County (mostly in the SFV and SGV). I didn't bang but I had family that did and went to jail, prison, etc. One was actually locked up at North Kern State Prison the same time as Suge in 1997. So I've been around it. I agree with everything you said and have seen it.

The younger brothers of my relative who used to run his set all ended up claiming it too, even though none of them were ever jumped in and really put on, but they were all putting in work for the set and were even jumping in new guys too (which I always thought was funny). It's similar to Pac's situation, how he was just around guys who looked out for him and took him in, and he's around them so much and they get so close that he ends up just repping what they rep, especially with him and Suge being so tight and Suge having so much pull at that time because of Death Row.

Did you ever know this girl named Heather from Inglewood NHP? Not sure what her hood name was. She's probably almost 30 by now, I met her at a party a long ass time ago.

Gold Member
    Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yukmouth pretty much says Pac was yelling MOB before Deathrow. So Imma go with that homie.
    But he's the only one who has said that, and no one else really has. The evidence doesn't exist, it's just everyone rehashing the same Yukmouth comment.

If there was some video or audio clip of Pac saying it or at least a couple other people claiming Pac said MOB before Death Row, then it might be more believable.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
    I grew up in Ventura County and LA County (mostly in the SFV and SGV). I didn't bang but I had family that did and went to jail, prison, etc. One was actually locked up at North Kern State Prison the same time as Suge in 1997. So I've been around it. I agree with everything you said and have seen it.

The younger brothers of my relative who used to run his set all ended up claiming it too, even though none of them were ever jumped in and really put on, but they were all putting in work for the set and were even jumping in new guys too (which I always thought was funny). It's similar to Pac's situation, how he was just around guys who looked out for him and took him in, and he's around them so much and they get so close that he ends up just repping what they rep, especially with him and Suge being so tight and Suge having so much pull at that time because of Death Row.

Did you ever know this girl named Heather from Inglewood NHP? Not sure what her hood name was. She's probably almost 30 by now, I met her at a party a long ass time ago.
    Your background is similar to mine. I never banged, but all my cousins are from Nutty Blocc Crip. I grew up in Inglewood focused on playing sports so I never got into it. As far as the girl you mention, I have homeboys from different Inglewood sets (I grew up with Skeme, still friends to this day) but I couldn't call out a specific member or anything like that. I'm more familiar with 60's since I went to school on Crenshaw and Slauson but even then I only know a couple guys, couldn't point out who puts in work or who doesn't, just friends that I know are actually from the set and have stripes.

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeeezNuuuts83 View Post
    But he's the only one who has said that, and no one else really has. The evidence doesn't exist, it's just everyone rehashing the same Yukmouth comment.

If there was some video or audio clip of Pac saying it or at least a couple other people claiming Pac said MOB before Death Row, then it might be more believable.
    On Pour Out A Little Liquor he saids something like we had plans of being big time Gs roll in Mob Cars switches and goldies...