Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How much does pizza weigh?!

Easy to answer. Begin working with a smaller diameter pan with a similar lip configuration. Say a 12-inch diameter pan. Experiment with different dough weights to determine what dough weight gives you the desired FINISHED crust characteristics. Make a note of the dough weight used. Now calculate the surface area of the pan that you used. The formula is pi (3.14) X radius squared. If my math is correct this should give you 113 square inches for the 12-inch diameter pan. Lets assume that you found that 14-ounces of dough gave you the finished crust characteristics that you wanted (in the 12-inch pan). If you divide 14-ounces by 113 you get a pan loading weight of 0.1238-ounces of dough per square inch of pan surface area. Still with me? OK, now, go to the 29-inch diameter pan and figure it's surface area. 3.14 X (14.5 squared) which will look like this: 3.14 X 210.25 = 660.185 square inches of pan surface area. To calculate your dough weight for the larger pan, simply multiply your pan loading weight (0.1238-ounces) X 660.185 = 81.730903-ounces of dough weight. Divide this by 16 to give you the dough weight in pounds (81.730903 divided by 16 = 5.1-pounds of dough weight. This will give you the same or similar crust characteristics with the 29-inch diameter pan as you got with the smaller, 12-inch diameter pan.
    Ain't math fun?
    Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Than/ks (Given)
    Than/ks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Dislikes (Given)
    Dislikes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)