User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: So... what exactly is the deal with "This Ain't Livin"??????

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Posts
    136
    Than/ks (Given)
    26
    Than/ks (Received)
    21
    Likes (Given)
    31
    Likes (Received)
    52
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default So... what exactly is the deal with "This Ain't Livin"??????

    Ya'll know what I mean... on the album version there are 2 edits... listening to the unedited version you hear Pac say, "If Snoop Dogg ____ would you ride with me" (I can't tell what he says after the Snoop Dogg line)... and later in the song he says, "I disappear and reappear as the doggfather"..... now these lines are edited on the album version of the song... Why?!? And what is Pac talking about? Anyone have any insider information or some theories that might help clear this up? I've always wondered about this... so any help is greatly appreciated!
    Unedited 2Pac tracks.... Brand NEW! (as of 10/17/2014)

    http://www.makaveli-board.net/showth...-more&p=264182

  2. #2
    New York State Of Mind Ghostface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,943
    Than/ks (Given)
    450
    Than/ks (Received)
    688
    Likes (Given)
    423
    Likes (Received)
    1582
    Dislikes (Given)
    8
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Its a reference(Ghostwritten) song for snoop.

  3. #3
    Sleep With 1 I Open Tha SandMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    980
    Than/ks (Given)
    117
    Than/ks (Received)
    105
    Likes (Given)
    439
    Likes (Received)
    330
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    1
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshm662 View Post
    Ya'll know what I mean... on the album version there are 2 edits... listening to the unedited version you hear Pac say, "If Snoop Dogg ____ would you ride with me" (I can't tell what he says after the Snoop Dogg line)... and later in the song he says, "I disappear and reappear as the doggfather"..... now these lines are edited on the album version of the song... Why?!? And what is Pac talking about? Anyone have any insider information or some theories that might help clear this up? I've always wondered about this... so any help is greatly appreciated!
    I always tought he said ''It's Snoop Dogg's nigga Pac would you ride with me?''



    ''Catcha catch a nigga worldwide! a fuckin MOB figga, Westcoast hu-ride!''

  4. #4
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Than/ks (Given)
    765
    Than/ks (Received)
    456
    Likes (Given)
    442
    Likes (Received)
    918
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah as @Ghostface says it was a track Pac wrote for Snoop, with the remix on UTEOT they cut the word Snoop and Doggfather out because Suge was mad at him for leaving Death Row.

  5. #5
    Member Mezza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    91
    Than/ks (Given)
    8
    Than/ks (Received)
    20
    Likes (Given)
    15
    Likes (Received)
    25
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Djhaynes View Post
    Yeah as @Ghostface says it was a track Pac wrote for Snoop, with the remix on UTEOT they cut the word Snoop and Doggfather out because Suge was mad at him for leaving Death Row.
    You think it was DR that edited out the snoop references on the UTEOT version? I was under the impression it was Johnny J that was doing it as it was a JJ produced remix and he was editing out all DR references (artists included - think Last Ones Left outro) on his remixes because of the bad blood between them.

  6. #6
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Than/ks (Given)
    765
    Than/ks (Received)
    456
    Likes (Given)
    442
    Likes (Received)
    918
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mezza View Post
    You think it was DR that edited out the snoop references on the UTEOT version? I was under the impression it was Johnny J that was doing it as it was a JJ produced remix and he was editing out all DR references (artists included - think Last Ones Left outro) on his remixes because of the bad blood between them.
    I remember Johnny J saying he sent off the vocals uncut, and they were released with cuts in.

  7. #7
    Mr. NM Papaveli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    438
    Than/ks (Given)
    43
    Than/ks (Received)
    28
    Likes (Given)
    91
    Likes (Received)
    34
    Dislikes (Given)
    0
    Dislikes (Received)
    0
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it was going to be another calabo like the two wanted tracks... the middle 8 bars of each verse are completely different takes then the rest of their respective verses...

    so there is actually 6 verses rather then 2...

Similar Threads

  1. DJ Quik Confirms "U Ain't Fresh" Was A Dr. Dre Diss
    By C-Matic in forum Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 04:25 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
  3. 2pac on "In livin color"
    By Ghostface in forum Humor
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 03:27 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 02:51 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2007, 02:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •